Exchange rate determination and structural changes in response to monetary policies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul De Grauwe & Isabel Vansteenkiste, 2007.
"Exchange rates and fundamentals: a non-linear relationship?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 37-54.
- Paul De Grauwe & Isabel Vansteenkiste, 2001. "Exchange Rates and fundamentals - a Non-Linear Relationship?," CESifo Working Paper Series 577, CESifo Group Munich.
- P. de Grauwe & I. Vansteenkiste, 2003. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals a Non-Linear Relationship?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 78, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & van Wincoop, Eric, 2013.
"On the unstable relationship between exchange rates and macroeconomic fundamentals,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 18-26.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Eric van Wincoop, 2009. "On the Unstable Relationship between Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Fundamentals," Working Papers 272009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Eric van Wincoop, 2009. "On the Unstable Relationship between Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Fundamentals," NBER Working Papers 15008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & van Wincoop, Eric, 2009. "On the Unstable Relationship between Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Fundamentals," CEPR Discussion Papers 7309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1976. " A Monetary Approach to the Exchange Rate: Doctrinal Aspects and Empirical Evidence," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 200-224.
- Yutaka Kurihara, 2011. "Effects of foreign reserve stock in Asian countries," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 13(1), pages 84-92.
- Takeshi Hoshikawa, 2012. "Regime shift of Japanese foreign exchange policy: some findings," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 25-28, January.
- Aaron Mehrotra & José R Sánchez-Fung, 2010.
"China's Monetary Policy and the Exchange Rate,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 52(4), pages 497-514, December.
- Aaron Mehrotra & José R. Sánchez-Fung, 2010. "China’s monetary policy and the exchange rate," Working Paper Series 2010-19, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mehrotra, Aaron & Sánchez-Fung, José R., 2010. "China's monetary policy and the exchange rate," BOFIT Discussion Papers 10/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Joscha Beckmann & Ansgar Belke & Michael Kühl, 2011. "The dollar-euro exchange rate and macroeconomic fundamentals: a time-varying coefficient approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(1), pages 11-40, April.
- Lucio Sarno & Giorgio Valente & Mark E. Wohar, 2004.
"Monetary Fundamentals and Exchange Rate Dynamics under Different Nominal Regimes,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 179-193, April.
- Sarno, Lucio & Valente, Giorgio & Wohar, Mark E, 2003. "Monetary Fundamentals and Exchange Rate Dynamics under Different Nominal Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 3983, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sarno, Lucio & Wohar, Mark, 2003. "Monetary Fundamentals and Exchange Rate Dynamics Under Different Nominal Regimes," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 310, Society for Computational Economics.
- Uz, Idil & Ketenci, Natalya, 2008. "Panel analysis of the monetary approach to exchange rates: Evidence from ten new EU members and Turkey," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 57-69, March.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Eric van Wincoop, 2009. "Tacit On the Unstable Relationship between Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Fundamentals," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 09.07, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Goldberg, Michael D & Frydman, Roman, 1996. "Imperfect Knowledge and Behaviour in the Foreign Exchange Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 869-893, July.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Minoas Koukouritakis, 2011.
"Behavioural equilibrium exchange rate and total misalignment: evidence from the euro exchange rate,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 38(4), pages 555-578, November.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Minoas Koukouritakis, 2009. "Behavioural Equilibrium Exchange Rate and Total Misalignment: Evidence from the Euro Exchange Rate," Working Papers 0901, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-1176, December.
- Thomas Gehrig & Lukas Menkhoff, 2006. "Extended evidence on the use of technical analysis in foreign exchange," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 327-338.
- Rosa, Carlo, 2011. "The high-frequency response of exchange rates to monetary policy actions and statements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 478-489, February.
- Gertler, Mark & Karadi, Peter, 2011. "A model of unconventional monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-34, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yutaka Kurihara, 2013. "International Trade Openness and Inflation in Asia," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(1), pages 70-75, March.
- Niyati Bhanja & Arif Billah Dar & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2015. "Exchange Rate and Monetary Fundamentals: Long Run Relationship Revisited," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 62(1), pages 33-54, March.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rates; Macroeconomic fundamentals; Monetary policy; Structural change; Japan; United States of America; Euro;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:sefpps:v:29:y:2012:i:3:p:187-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.