Towards a practical approach to responsible innovation in finance: New Product Committees revisited
Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to highlight the potentials offered by New Product Committees for the development of responsible innovation in the financial services industry; and to provide grounds for policy recommendations. Design/methodology/approach – The paper takes the form of collective, interdisciplinary reflection and experience within the industry. Findings – New Product Committees can serve a practical approach to responsible innovation in finance. Originality/value – The paper fills a gap in the empirical consideration of New Product Committees in the financial services industry and proposes original directions for policy orientations within organizations and at a regulatory level.
Volume (Year): 20 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com|
|Order Information:|| Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK|
Web: http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=jfrc Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Merton, Robert C., 1995.
"Financial innovation and the management and regulation of financial institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 461-481, June.
- Robert C. Merton, 1995. "Financial Innovation and the Management and Regulation of Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 5096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, R. Edward, 1994. "The Politics of Stakeholder Theory: Some Future Directions," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 409-421, October.
- William L. Silber, 1981. "Innovation, competition, and new contract design in futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(2), pages 123-155, 06.
- Alessandro Carretta & Vincenzo Farina & Paola Schwizer, 2010. "The “day after” Basel 2: do regulators comply with banking culture?," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 316-332, November.
- Spencer, Peter D., 2000. "The Structure and Regulation of Financial Markets," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776109, December.
- Rakesh Khurana, 2007. "Introduction to From Higher Aims to Hired Hands The Social Transformation of American Business Schools and the Unfulfilled Promise of Management as a Profession," Introductory Chapters, in: From Higher Aims to Hired Hands The Social Transformation of American Business Schools and the Unfulfilled Promise of Management as a Profession Princeton University Press.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:jfrcpp:v:20:y:2012:i:2:p:147-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Lister)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.