A simple model of the financial crisis of 2007-2009, with implications for the design of a stimulus package
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Assar Lindbeck & Sten Nyberg & Jörgen W. Weibull, 1999.
"Social Norms and Economic Incentives in the Welfare State,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 1-35.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Nyberg, Sten & Weibull, Jörgen W., 1997. "Social Norms and Economic Incentives in the Welfare State," Working Paper Series 476, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- anonymous, 2008. "Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City: 2007 annual report," TEN, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 37-81.
- George A. Akerlof, 2009. "How Human Psychology Drives the Economy and Why It Matters," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1175-1175.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 14-23.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1992. "Understanding welfare stigma: Taxpayer resentment and statistical discrimination," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 165-183.
- Rainer Haselmann & Katharina Pistor & Vikrant Vig, 2010.
"How Law Affects Lending,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, pages 549-580.
- Lubos Pastor & Lucian Taylor & Pietro Veronesi, 2006. "Entrepreneurial Learning, the IPO Decision, and the Post-IPO Drop in Firm Profitability," NBER Working Papers 12792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pástor, Luboš & Taylor, Lucian & Veronesi, Pietro, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Learning, the IPO Decision, and the Post-IPO Drop in Firm Profitability," CEPR Discussion Papers 6061, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher Mayer & Karen Pence & Shane M. Sherlund, 2009. "The Rise in Mortgage Defaults," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 27-50.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1992.
"Understanding welfare stigma: Taxpayer resentment and statistical discrimination,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 165-183.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S., 1990. "Understanding Welfare Stigma: Taxpayer Resentment And Statistical Discrimination," Papers 42, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Kaushik Basu, 2011. "Non-recourse mortgages and credit market breakdowns: a framework for policy analysis," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1-8.
- Karen M. Pence, 2006. "Foreclosing on Opportunity: State Laws and Mortgage Credit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 177-182.
- Bhaduri, Amit, 1977. "On the Formation of Usurious Interest Rates in Backward Agriculture," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(4), pages 341-352, December.
- Rainer Haselmann & Katharina Pistor & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "How Law Affects Lending," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 549-580.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial modelling; Recession; Credit institutions; Credit rating; Economic disequilibrium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:igdrpp:v:4:y:2011:i:1:p:5-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .