Where Would Adam Smith Publish Today? The Near Absence of Math-free Research in Top Journals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 2005. "Theory versus Application: Does Complexity Crowd Out Evidence?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 556-565, January.
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- Kocher, Martin G & Sutter, Matthias, 2001.
"The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(472), pages 405-421, June.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2001. "The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades," Munich Reprints in Economics 18183, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Daniel B. Klein, 2005. "The Ph.D. Circle in Academic Economics," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 2(1), pages 133-148, April.
- Morgan, Theodore, 1988. "Theory versus Empiricism in Academic Economics: Update and Comparison s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 159-164, Fall.
- Susan Anderson & Peter Boettke, 2004. "The Development Set: The Character of the _Journal of Development Economics_ 2002," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 306-318, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:scient:v:103:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1522-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:nos:voprec:2017-09-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geuens, Maggie, 2011. "Where does business research go from here? Food-for-thought on academic papers in business research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 1104-1107, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic methodology; technical research; model building; regression analysis;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ejw:journl:v:4:y:2007:i:2:p:230-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jason Briggeman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edgmuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.