Bad Governance and Poor Children: A Comparative Analysis of Government Efficiency and Severe Child Deprivation in 68 Low- and Middle-income Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sabina Alkire and Maria Emma Santos, "undated".
"Acute Multidimensional Poverty: A New Index for Developing Countries,"
OPHI Working Papers
ophiwp038, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sabina Alkire & Maria Emma Santos, 2010. "Acute Multidimensional Poverty: A New Index for Developing Countries," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2010-11, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Alkire, Sabina & Santos, María Emma, 2011. "Acute Multidimensional Poverty: A New Index for Developing Countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 3, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Montinola, Gabriella R. & Jackman, Robert W., 2002. "Sources of Corruption: A Cross-Country Study," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 147-170, January.
- Nicholas CHARRON, 2011. "Exploring The Impact Of Foreign Aid On Corruption: Has The “Anti‐Corruption Movement” Been Effective?," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 49(1), pages 66-88, March.
- Enrique Delamonica & Alberto Minujin, 2007. "Incidence, Depth and Severity of Children in Poverty," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(2), pages 361-374, June.
- Holmberg, Sören & Rothstein, Bo, 2011. "Dying of corruption," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 529-547, September.
- Gerring, John & Kingstone, Peter & Lange, Matthew & Sinha, Aseema, 2011. "Democracy, History, and Economic Performance: A Case-Study Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1735-1748.
- Headey, Derek D., 2013. "Developmental Drivers of Nutritional Change: A Cross-Country Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 76-88.
- Eric M. Uslaner, 2008. "The foundations of trust: macro and micro," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 289-294, March.
- Svedberg, Peter, 2000. "Poverty and Undernutrition: Theory, Measurement, and Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292685, June.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Aggregating governance indicators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2195, The World Bank.
- Andy Sumner, 2010. "Child poverty, well‐being and agency: What does a ‘3‐D well‐being’ approach contribute?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 1064-1075, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ya-Ju Chang & Laura Schneider & Matthias Finkbeiner, 2015. "Assessing Child Development: A Critical Review and the Sustainable Child Development Index (SCDI)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-24, April.
- Rohan Best & Paul J. Burke, 2017.
"The Importance of Government Effectiveness for Transitions toward Greater Electrification in Developing Countries,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-17, August.
- Rohan Best & Paul J Burke, 2017. "The importance of government effectiveness for transitions toward greater electrification in developing countries," Departmental Working Papers 2017-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Ya-Ju Chang & Annekatrin Lehmann & Matthias Finkbeiner, 2017. "Screening Indicators for the Sustainable Child Development Index (SCDI)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-19, March.
- Ghulam Akhmat & Khalid Zaman & Tan Shukui & Yasir Javed & Shaina Khan, 2014. "Social Health Indicators and Economic Growth: Evidence from East Asia and Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, South Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 663-686, November.
- Joshi, Devin K. & Hughes, Barry B. & Sisk, Timothy D., 2015. "Improving Governance for the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals: Scenario Forecasting the Next 50years," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 286-302.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Haddad, Lawrence, 2015. "Reducing Child Undernutrition: Past Drivers and Priorities for the Post-MDG Era," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 180-204.
- Berliner, Daniel & Greenleaf, Anne & Lake, Milli & Noveck, Jennifer, 2015. "Building Capacity, Building Rights? State Capacity and Labor Rights in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 127-139.
More about this item
Keywordschild poverty; deprivation; quality of government; governance; democracy; developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:48:y:2013:i:c:p:19-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .