An operational method for assessing the poverty outreach performance of development policies and projects: Results of case studies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Temple & Paul A. Johnson, 1998. "Social Capability and Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 965-990.
- Sharma, Manohar & Zeller, Manfred, 1999. "Placement and Outreach of Group-Based Credit Organizations: The Cases of ASA, BRAC, and PROSHIKA in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2123-2136, December.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & David P. Coady, 2007.
"Are the Welfare Losses from Imperfect Targeting Important?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(296), pages 756-776, November.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Coady, David P., 2002. "Are the welfare losses from imperfect targeting important?," FCND discussion papers 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Coady, David P., 2002. "Are the welfare losses from imperfect targeting important?," FCND briefs 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Margaret Grosh & Paul Glewwe, 2000. "Designing Household Survey Questionnaires for Developing Countries : Lessons from 15 Years of the Living Standards Measurement Study, Volume 2," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15194.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Carla Henry & Manohar Sharma & Cecile Lapenu & Manfred Zeller, 2003. "Microfinance Poverty Assessment Tool," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15065.
- Grootaert, Christiaan & Braithwaite, Jeanine, 1998. "Poverty correlates and indicator-based targeting in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1942, The World Bank.
- Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C., 2000. "Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2123-2155, December.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 1994. "Human development Index: Methodology and Measurement," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1994-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Bergeron, Gilles & Morris, Saul Sutkover & Banegas, Juan Manuel Medina, 1998. "How reliable are group informant ratings?," FCND discussion papers 43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1983. "The Conceptual Basis of Measures of Household Welfare and Their Implied Survey Data Requirements," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 29(1), pages 1-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Keil, Alwin & Saint-Macary, Camille & Zeller, Manfred, 2011. "Agricultural Commercialization in the Uplands of Northern Vietnam: How to Achieve Both Poverty Reduction and Environmental Sustainability Goals?," 51st Annual Conference, Halle, Germany, September 28-30, 2011 114487, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Lønborg, Jonas Helth & Rasmussen, Ole Dahl, 2014. "Can Microfinance Reach the Poorest: Evidence from a Community-Managed Microfinance Intervention," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 460-472.
- Beuchelt, Tina D. & Zeller, Manfred, 2011. "Profits and poverty: Certification's troubled link for Nicaragua's organic and fairtrade coffee producers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1316-1324, May.
- Khor, Ling & Ufer, Susanne & Nielsen, Thea & Zeller, Manfred, 2015. "The Influence of Individual Risk Behavior on Fertilizer Use Decision in Vietnam," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211844, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Julia Johannsen, 2006. "Operational Poverty Targeting In Peru ? Proxy Means Testing With Non-Income Indicators," Working Papers 30, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna, 2015.
"Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 80-91.
- Muriithi, Beatrice & Matz, Julia Anna, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Vegetable Commercialization: Evidence from Smallholder Producers in Kenya," Discussion Papers 166029, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred & Alcaraz V., Gabriela & Schwarze, Stefan & Johannsen, Julia, 2007. "Proxy Means Tests for Targeting the Poorest Households -- Applications to Uganda," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7946, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Balgah Roland Azibo & Emmanuel Yenshu Vubo & Innocent Ndoh Mbue & Jude Ndzifon Kimengsi, 2015. "Rural development NGOs and service delivery to the very poor: An empirical analysis of a training center in rural Cameroon," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(4), pages 103-115, April.
- Houssou, Nazaire & Zeller, Manfred & Alcaraz V., Gabriela & Johannsen, Julia & Schwarze, Stefan, 2010. "How Best to Target the Poor? An operational targeting of the poor using indicator-based proxy means tests," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 95780, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Muriithi, Beatrice W., 2013. "Does commercialization of smallholder horticulture reduce rural poverty? Evidence based on household panel data from Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161563, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Desiere, Sam & Vellema, Wytse & D’Haese, Marijke, 2015. "A validity assessment of the Progress out of Poverty Index (PPI)™," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 10-18.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Setimela, Peter, 2009. "Assessing the effectiveness of a technical assistance program: The case of maize seed relief to vulnerable households in Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 377-387, August.
- Seeberg-Elverfeldt, Christina & Schwarze, Stefan & Zeller, Manfred, 2008. "Could carbon payments be a solution to deforestation? Empirical evidence from Indonesia," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44182, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Keil, Alwin & Nielsen, Thea, 2012. "Accounting for farmers’ risk preferences in investigating land allocation decisions in marginal environments: a test of various elicitation measures in an application from Vietnam," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126054, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:3:p:446-464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.