The Challenge of Good Governance for the IMF and the World Bank Themselves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huther, Jeff & Shah, Anwar, 1998. "Applying a simple measure of good governance to the debate on fiscal decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1894, The World Bank.
- Ian D. Clark, 1996. "Should the IMF Become More Adaptive?," IMF Working Papers 96/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Nancy L Wagner, 1995. "A Review of PPP-Adjusted GDP Estimation and its Potential Use for the Fund's Operational Purposes," IMF Working Papers 95/18, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arts, Bas, 2014. "Assessing forest governance from a ‘Triple G’ perspective: Government, governance, governmentality⁎⁎This article belongs to the Special Issue: Assessing Forest Governance," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 17-22.
- Everett, Jeff & Neu, Dean & Rahaman, Abu Shiraz, 2007. "Accounting and the global fight against corruption," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 513-542, August.
- Mundy, Karen & Verger, Antoni, 2015. "The World Bank and the global governance of education in a changing world order," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 9-18.
- Shabana Mitra, 2013. "Towards a Multidimensional Measure of Governance," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 477-496, June.
- Laurent Bouton & Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Frédéric Malherbe, 2014.
"Get Rid of Unanimity: The Superiority of Majority Rule with Veto Power,"
NBER Working Papers
20417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bouton, Laurent & Llorente-Saguer, Aniol & Malherbe, Frédéric, 2015. "Get Rid of Unanimity: The Superiority of Majority Rule with Veto Power," CEPR Discussion Papers 10408, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laurent Bouton & Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Frédéric Malherbe, 2014. "Get Rid of Unanimity: The Superiority of Majority Rule with Veto Power," Working Papers 722, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Koch, Martin, 2012. "International Organizations in Development and Global Inequality: The Example of the World Bank?s Pension Policy," WIDER Working Paper Series 103, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ziya Önis & Fikret Senses, 2003. "Rethinking the Emerging Post-Washington Consensus: A Critical Appraisal," ERC Working Papers 0309, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Sep 2003.
- David P. Rapkin & Jonathan R. Strand & Michael W. Trevathan, 2016. "Representation and Governance in International Organizations," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 4(3), pages 77-89.
- Paul Nelson, 2006. "The varied and conditional integration of NGOs in the aid system: NGOs and the World Bank," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 701-713.
- Kevin Morrison, 2013. "Membership no longer has its privileges: The declining informal influence of Board members on IDA lending," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Nelson, Paul J., 2001. "Transparency Mechanisms at the Multilateral Development Banks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1835-1847, November.
- Ali Burak Güven, 2012. "The IMF, the World Bank, and the Global Economic Crisis: Exploring Paradigm Continuity," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(4), pages 869-898, July.
- Carlo Cottarelli, 2005. "Efficiency and Legitimacy; Trade-Offs in IMF Governance," IMF Working Papers 05/107, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00235436 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rodrigue NANA KUINDJA, 2014. "Quality Of Banking Governance And Financial Development In Africa: The Case Of Cameroon," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 13, pages 129-149, June.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:106:y:2018:i:c:p:356-375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vestergaard, Jakob & Wade, Robert H., 2013. "Protecting Power: How Western States Retain The Dominant Voice in The World Bank’s Governance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 153-164.
- Arthur Foch, 2013. "Explaining the G7 and G10's influence on World Bank decisions: The role of formal and informal rules of governance," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13035, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Heimans, Jeremy., 2004. "Reforming global economic and social governance : a critical review of recent programmatic thinking," ILO Working Papers 993709503402676, International Labour Organization.
- Arthur Foch, 2013. "Explaining the G7 and G10's influence on World Bank decisions: The role of formal and informal rules of governance," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00824678, HAL.
- Jonathan R. Strand & Kenneth J. Retzl, 2016. "Did Recent Voice Reforms Improve Good Governance within the World Bank?," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 47(3), pages 415-445, May.
- Jens Steffek, 2008. "Public Accountability and the Public Sphere of International Governance," RECON Online Working Papers Series 3, RECON.
- Arthur Foch, 2013. "Déterminants et perspectives de la privatisation des infrastructures à Djibouti : Leçons tirées de trois études de cas," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13036, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:5:p:823-841. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.