Human development and financial conservatism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Adam, 1759. "The Theory of Moral Sentiments," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1759, December.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776, December.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993.
"International comparisons of educational attainment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "International Comparisons of Educational Attainment," NBER Working Papers 4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Birdsall, Nancy, 1988. "Economic approaches to population growth," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 477-542 Elsevier.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Deolalikar, Anil B., 1988. "Health and nutrition," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 631-711 Elsevier.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven Pressman & Gale Summerfield, 2000. "The Economic Contributions of Amartya Sen," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 89-113.
- Michael Grimm & Stephan Klasen & Ken Harttgen & Mark Misselhorn & Teresa Munzi & Timothy Smeeding, 2008.
"Inequality in Human Development: An empirical assessment of thirty-two countries,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
178, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Grimm & Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Mark Misselhorn & Teresa Munzi & Timothy Smeeding, 2009. "Inequality in Human Development: An empirical assessment of thirty-two countries," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 6, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Grimm, M., 2009. "Inequality in human development : an empirical assessment of thirty-two countries," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18722, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Michael Grimm & Kenneth Harttgen & Timothy Smeeding & Mark Misselhorn & Teresa Munzi & Stephan Klasen, 2009. "Inequality in Human Development: An Empirical Assessment of Thirty-Two Countries," LIS Working papers 519, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Canova, Luciano & Grasso, Marco & Vaglio, Alessandro & Di Giulio, Enzo & Migliavacca, Stefania & Lelli, Sara & Pareglio, Stefano, 2005. "Operationalising Senian capability approach by modelling human development," MPRA Paper 251, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elson, Diane & Cagatay, Nilufer, 2000. "The Social Content of Macroeconomic Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1347-1364, July.
- Klüh, Ulrich, 2016.
"Makroökonomische/Sozialpolitische Perspektiven auf die Sozialpolitik/Makroökonomie
[Macroeconomic/Social Policy Perspectives on Social Policy/Macroeconomics]," MPRA Paper 71784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ananta Kumar Giri, 2000. "Rethinking human well-being: a dialogue with Amartya Sen," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(7), pages 1003-1018.
- Diane Elson, 2004. "Engendering Government Budgets in the Context of Globalisation(s)," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2004_02, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Cagatay, Nilüfer. & Ertürk, Korkuk., 2004. "Gender and globalization : a macroeconomic perspective," ILO Working Papers 993709743402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:4:p:733-742. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .