Managing credit for the rural poor: Lessons from the Grameen Bank
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yaron, J., 1992. "Successful Rural Finance Institutions," World Bank - Discussion Papers 150, World Bank.
- Braverman, Avishay & Guasch, J. Luis, 1986. "Rural credit markets and institutions in developing countries: Lessons for policy analysis from practice and modern theory," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(10-11), pages 1253-1267.
- Hossain, Mahabub, 1988. "Credit for alleviation of rural poverty: the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh," Research reports 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yaron, J., 1992. "Assessing Development Finance Institutions; A Public Interest Analysis," World Bank - Discussion Papers 174, World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Conning, 2005. "Monitoring by Peers or by Delegates? Joint Liability Loans and Moral Hazard," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 407, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Céline Hoeks & Hossein Azadi & Parisa Rafiaani Khachak & Enrique Troyo-Dieguez & Steven Van Passel & Frank Witlox, 2014. "Reforming Land-Tenure Systems in South Africa: Routes to Socio-Economic and Agricultural Sustainability," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(6), pages 647-674, November.
- Prugl, Elisabeth & Tinker, Irene, 1997. "Microentrepreneurs and homeworkers: Convergent categories," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1471-1482, September.
- Esteban, E., 2002. "Old wine in new bottles? : rural finance and social funds in Argentina," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19128, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Biggs, Stephen & Messerschmidt, Don, 2005. "Social responsibility in the growing handmade paper industry of Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1821-1843, November.
- Hilson, Gavin & Ackah-Baidoo, Abigail, 2011. "Can Microcredit Services Alleviate Hardship in African Small-scale Mining Communities?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1191-1203, July.
- Mohammed Asaduzzaman & Jari Kaivo-oja & Jari Stenvall & Sari Jusi, 2016. "Strengthening Local Governance in Developing Countries: Partnership as an Alternative Approach," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 335-356, September.
- Dowla, Asif, 2006. "In credit we trust: Building social capital by Grameen Bank in Bangladesh," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 102-122, February.
- Edwards, Michael, 1999. "NGO Performance - What Breeds Success? New Evidence from South Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 361-374, February.
- Schreiner, Mark & Woller, Gary, 2003. "Microenterprise Development Programs in the United States and in the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1567-1580, September.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:408917 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozgur Emre Ergungor, 2010.
"Bank Branch Presence and Access to Credit in Low- to Moderate-Income Neighborhoods,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(7), pages 1321-1349, October.
- O. Emre Ergungor, 2006. "Bank branch presence and access to credit in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods," Working Paper 0616, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Rezaul KARIM & Mitsue OSADA, 1998. "Dropping Out: An Emerging Factor In The Success Of Microcredit-Based Poverty Alleviation Programs," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 36(3), pages 257-288, September.
- Galarza, Francisco, 2003.
"El crédito solidario, el colateral social, y la colusión. Algunos apuntes
[Group Lending, Social Collateral and Collusion. Some Notes]," MPRA Paper 30442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Sally, 2003. "A Paradox of Learning in Project Cycle Management and the Role of Organizational Culture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1743-1757, October.
- Sajjad Zohir & Imran Matin, 2004. "Wider impacts of microfinance institutions: issues and concepts," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 301-330.
- Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2003. "A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 253-279, October.
- Kovsted, Jens & Lyk-Jensen, Peter, 1999. "Rotating savings and credit associations: the choice between random and bidding allocation of funds," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 143-172, October.
- Dan Brockington & Nicola Banks, 2014. "Exploring the Success of BRAC Tanzania’s Microcredit Programme," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 20214, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:356565 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balkenhol, Bernd. & Schütte, Haje, 2001. "Collateral, collateral law and collateral substitutes," ILO Working Papers 994089173402676, International Labour Organization.
- V. Pelligra, 2005. "Banking with sentiments. A model of fiduciary interactions in micro-credit programs," Working Paper CRENoS 200503, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:1:p:79-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .