From barrier elimination to barrier negotiation: A qualitative study of parents' attitudes about active travel for elementary school trips
This paper examines parents' responses to key factors associated with mode choices for school trips. The research was conducted with parents of elementary school students in Denver Colorado as part of a larger investigation of school travel.
Volume (Year): 20 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Dijst & Sendy Farag & Tim Schwanen, 2008. "A Comparative Study of Attitude Theory and other Theoretical Models for Understanding Travel Behaviour," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(4), pages 831-847, April.
- Martin Dijst & Sendy Farag & Tim Schwanen, 2008. "A comparative study of attitude theory and other theoretical models for understanding travel behaviour," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(4), pages 831-847, April.
- Colin Black & Alan Collins & Martin Snell, 2001. "Encouraging Walking: The Case of Journey-to-school Trips in Compact Urban Areas," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(7), pages 1121-1141, June.
- Cole, Rachel & Burke, Matthew & Leslie, Eva & Donald, Maria & Owen, Neville, 2010. "Perceptions of representatives of public, private, and community sector institutions of the barriers and enablers for physically active transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 496-504, November.
- Kingham, Simon & Ussher, Shannon, 2005. "Ticket to a sustainable future: An evaluation of the long-term durability of the Walking School Bus programme in Christchurch, New Zealand," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 314-323, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:20:y:2012:i:c:p:75-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.