Pareto-improving ramp metering strategies for reducing congestion in the morning commute
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cassidy, Michael J. & Bertini, Robert L., 1999. "Some traffic features at freeway bottlenecks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 25-42, February.
- Arnott, R. & de Palma, A. & Lindsey, R., 1990. "Departure time and route choice for the morning commute," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 209-228, June.
- Levinson, David & Zhang, Lei, 2006.
"Ramp meters on trial: Evidence from the Twin Cities metering holiday,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 810-828, December.
- David Levinson & Lei Zhang, 2006. "Ramp Meters on Trial: Evidence from the Twin Cities Metering Holiday," Working Papers 200604, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Podgorski, Kaethe V. & Kockelman, Kara M., 2006. "Public perceptions of toll roads: A survey of the Texas perspective," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 888-902, December.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-260, May.
- Small, Kenneth A, 1982. "The Scheduling of Consumer Activities: Work Trips," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 467-479, June.
- Zhang, H. M. & Recker, W. W., 1999. "On optimal freeway ramp control policies for congested traffic corridors," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 417-436, August.
- Lago, Alejandro & Daganzo, Carlos F., 2007. "Spillovers, merging traffic and the morning commute," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 670-683, July.
- Lovell, David J. & Daganzo, Carlos F., 2000. "Access control on networks with unique origin-destination paths," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 185-202, April.
- Lisa Schweitzer & Brian Taylor, 2008. "Just pricing: the distributional effects of congestion pricing and sales taxes," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(6), pages 797-812, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Small, Kenneth A., 2013. "Hypercongestion in downtown metropolis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 122-134.
- Knockaert, Jasper & Verhoef, Erik T. & Rouwendal, Jan, 2016.
"Bottleneck congestion: Differentiating the coarse charge,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 59-73.
- Jasper Knockaert & Erik T. Verhoef & Jan Rouwendal, 2010. "Bottleneck Congestion: Differentiating the Coarse Charge," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-097/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Xiao, Feng & Shen, Wei & Michael Zhang, H., 2012. "The morning commute under flat toll and tactical waiting," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1346-1359.
- Fosgerau, Mogens, 2011. "How a fast lane may replace a congestion toll," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 845-851, July.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:483:y:2017:i:c:p:74-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- André De Palma & Mogens Fosgerau, 2010. "Dynamic and Static congestion models: A review," Working Papers hal-00539166, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsRamp metering Pareto-improving Externality Morning commute;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:44:y:2010:i:9:p:676-696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.