The main determinants of the demand for public transport: a comparative analysis of England and France using shrinkage estimators
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & James M. Griffin & Alain Pirotte, 2003.
"Homogeneous, heterogeneous or shrinkage estimators? Some empirical evidence from French regional gasoline consumption,"
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 795-811, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & James M. Griffin & Alain Pirotte, 2002. "Homogeneous, heterogeneous or shrinkage estimators? Some empirical evidence from French regional gasoline consumption," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A6-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Swamy, P A V B & Tavlas, George S, 1995.
" Random Coefficient Models: Theory and Applications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 165-196, June.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 1993. "Random coefficient models: theory and applications," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Maddala, G S, et al, 1997. "Estimation of Short-Run and Long-Run Elasticities of Energy Demand from Panel Data Using Shrinkage Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 90-100, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2002. "Comparison of forecast performance for homogeneous, heterogeneous and shrinkage estimators: Some empirical evidence from US electricity and natural-gas consumption," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 375-382, August.
- Joyce M. Dargay & Mark Hanly, 2002. "The Demand for Local Bus Services in England," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 73-91, January.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 1989. "Developments and Prospects in Macroeconometric Modeling," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 287-304, Oct-Dec.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan U. Becker & Sönke Albers, 2016. "The limits of analyzing service quality data in public transport," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(5), pages 823-842, September.
- Souche, Stéphanie, 2010.
"Measuring the structural determinants of urban travel demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 127-134, May.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2010. "Measuring the structural determinants of urban travel demand," Post-Print halshs-00578019, HAL.
- Elisabetta Venezia, 2007. "Factors influencing travellers. mode choices: case study of Bari," SERIES 0018, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Oct 2007.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2009.
"Un exemple d'estimation de la demande de transport urbain,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 759-779.
- Stéphanie Souche, 2009. "Un exemple d'estimation de la demande de transport urbain," Post-Print halshs-00579638, HAL.
- Hakim Hammadou & Claire Papaix, 2015.
"Policy packages for modal shift and CO2 reduction in Lille, France,"
1501, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Hakim Hammadou & Claire Papaix, 2015. "Policy packages for modal shift and CO2 reduction in Lille, France," Post-Print hal-01533557, HAL.
- Philippe Gagnepain & Marc Ivaldi & Catherine Muller-Vibes, 2011.
"The Industrial Organization of Competition in Local Bus Services,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 32
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Philippe Gagnepain & Marc Ivaldi & Catherine Vibes, 2011. "The industrial organization of competition in local bus services," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00684161, HAL.
- Kaushik Deb & Massimo Filippini, 2013.
"Public Bus Transport Demand Elasticities in India,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 47(3), pages 419-436, September.
- Filippini Massimo & Deb Kaushik, 2010. "Public bus transport demand elasticities in India," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1002, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Desiderio Romero-JordÃ¡n & JosÃ© FÃ©lix Sanz & Mercedes Burguillo, 2014. "Is it environmentally desirable to encourage public transport through taxes? Evidence for Spanish households," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Rahman, Syed & Balijepalli, Chandra, 2016. "Understanding the determinants of demand for public transport: Evidence from suburban rail operations in five divisions of Indian Railways," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 13-22.
- Crôtte, Amado & Noland, Robert B. & Graham, Daniel J., 2009. "Is the Mexico City metro an inferior good?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 40-45, January.
- Hensher, David A., 2008. "Empirical approaches to combining revealed and stated preference data: Some recent developments with reference to urban mode choice," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 23-29, January.
- Bresson, Georges & Dargay, Joyce & Madre, Jean-Loup & Pirotte, Alain, 2004. "Economic and structural determinants of the demand for public transport: an analysis on a panel of French urban areas using shrinkage estimators," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 269-285, May.
- Manel Daldoul & Sami Jarboui & Ahlem Dakhlaoui, 2016. "Public transport demand: dynamic panel model analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 491-505, May.
- Elisabetta Venezia, 2009. "Determinants of the demand for urban transport: results of a case study," Working Papers 0909, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- de Grange, Louis & González, Felipe & Muñoz, Juan Carlos & Troncoso, Rodrigo, 2013. "Aggregate estimation of the price elasticity of demand for public transport in integrated fare systems: The case of Transantiago," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 178-185.
- Elisabetta Venezia, 2009. "Determinants of the demand for urban transport: results of a case study," Working Papers 09_9, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- Taylor, Brian D & Miller, Douglas & Iseki, Hiroyuki & Fink, Camille, 2008. "Nature and/or nurture? Analyzing the determinants of transit ridership across US urbanized areas," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5w9045hh, University of California Transportation Center.
- repec:cec:wpaper:1415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Zi-jia & Li, Xiao-hong & Chen, Feng, 2015. "Impact evaluation of a mass transit fare change on demand and revenue utilizing smart card data," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 213-224.
- Deng, Haopeng & Li, Ye & Li, Wenxiang & Yu, Yuewu, 2016. "Urban transport social needs in China: Quantification with central government transit grant," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 126-139.
- Thøgersen, John, 2006. "Understanding repetitive travel mode choices in a stable context: A panel study approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 621-638, October.
- Holmgren, Johan, 2007. "Meta-analysis of public transport demand," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1021-1035, December.
- Rye, Tom & Scotney, David, 2004. "The factors influencing future concessionary bus patronage in Scotland and their implications for elsewhere," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 133-140, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:37:y:2003:i:7:p:605-627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.