Risk measures for skew normal mixtures
In this paper we show that linear combinations of multivariate skew normal mixtures can be represented as finite mixtures of univariate skew normals. Based on this result we provide an analytical formula for some well known risk measures.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haas Markus, 2010. "Skew-Normal Mixture and Markov-Switching GARCH Processes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-56, September.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002. "On the coherence of expected shortfall," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Bernardi, Mauro & Maruotti, Antonello & Petrella, Lea, 2012.
"Skew mixture models for loss distributions: A Bayesian approach,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 617-623.
- Bernardi, Mauro & Maruotti, Antonello & Lea, Petrella, 2012. "Skew mixture models for loss distributions: a Bayesian approach," MPRA Paper 39826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001. "On the coherence of Expected Shortfall," Papers cond-mat/0104295, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:8:p:1819-1824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.