Risk measures for skew normal mixtures
In this paper we show that linear combinations of multivariate skew normal mixtures can be represented as finite mixtures of univariate skew normals. Based on this result we provide an analytical formula for some well known risk measures.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haas Markus, 2010. "Skew-Normal Mixture and Markov-Switching GARCH Processes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-56, September.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002.
"On the coherence of expected shortfall,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001. "On the coherence of Expected Shortfall," Papers cond-mat/0104295, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- Bernardi, Mauro & Maruotti, Antonello & Petrella, Lea, 2012. "Skew mixture models for loss distributions: A Bayesian approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 617-623.
- Bernardi, Mauro & Maruotti, Antonello & Lea, Petrella, 2012. "Skew mixture models for loss distributions: a Bayesian approach," MPRA Paper 39826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)