Risk measures for skew normal mixtures
In this paper we show that linear combinations of multivariate skew normal mixtures can be represented as finite mixtures of univariate skew normals. Based on this result we provide an analytical formula for some well known risk measures.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Azzalini & A. Capitanio, 1999. "Statistical applications of the multivariate skew normal distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(3), pages 579-602.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002.
"On the coherence of expected shortfall,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Bernardi, Mauro & Maruotti, Antonello & Petrella, Lea, 2012.
"Skew mixture models for loss distributions: A Bayesian approach,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 617-623.
- Bernardi, Mauro & Maruotti, Antonello & Lea, Petrella, 2012. "Skew mixture models for loss distributions: a Bayesian approach," MPRA Paper 39826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haas Markus, 2010. "Skew-Normal Mixture and Markov-Switching GARCH Processes," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 1-56, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:8:p:1819-1824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.