Using thresholding difference-based estimators for variable selection in partial linear models
A commonly used semiparametric model is considered. We adopt two difference based estimators of the linear component of the model and propose corresponding thresholding estimators that can be used for variable selection. For each thresholding estimator, variable selection in the linear component is developed and consistency of the variable selection procedure is shown. We evaluate our method in a simulation study and implement it on a real data set.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Du, Pang & Cheng, Guang & Liang, Hua, 2012. "Semiparametric regression models with additive nonparametric components and high dimensional parametric components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 2006-2017.
- Gülin Tabakan & Fikri Akdeniz, 2010. "Difference-based ridge estimator of parameters in partial linear model," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 357-368, June.
- Luo, June, 2012. "Asymptotic efficiency of ridge estimator in linear and semiparametric linear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 58-62.
- Adonis Yatchew & Joungyeo Angela No, 2001. "Household Gasoline Demand in Canada," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1697-1709, November.
- Yatchew, A., 1997. "An elementary estimator of the partial linear model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 135-143, December.
- Clifford Lam & Jianqing Fan, 2008. "Profile-kernel likelihood inference with diverging number of parameters," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 31548, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ahn, Hyungtaik & Powell, James L., 1993. "Semiparametric estimation of censored selection models with a nonparametric selection mechanism," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 3-29, July.
- Debasri Mukherjee & Susan Pozo, 2011. "Exchange-rate volatility and trade: a semiparametric approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(13), pages 1617-1627.
- A. Yatchew, 2000. "Scale economies in electricity distribution: a semiparametric analysis," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 187-210.
- Fan J. & Huang L-S., 2001. "Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Parametric Regression Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 640-652, June.
- Huang, Jian & Wang, Deli & Zhang, Cun-Hui, 2005. "A Two-Way Semilinear Model for Normalization and Analysis of cDNA Microarray Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 814-829, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:12:p:2601-2606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.