An order-theoretic mixing condition for monotone Markov chains
We discuss the stability of discrete-time Markov chains satisfying monotonicity and an order-theoretic mixing condition that can be seen as an alternative to irreducibility. A chain satisfying these conditions has at most one stationary distribution. Moreover, if there is a stationary distribution, then the chain is stable in an order-theoretic sense.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Stachurski, 2009. "Economic Dynamics: Theory and Computation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262012774, July.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-1406, November.
- Bhattacharya,Rabi & Majumdar,Mukul, 2007. "Random Dynamical Systems," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521825658, August.
- Bhattacharya,Rabi & Majumdar,Mukul, 2007. "Random Dynamical Systems," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521532723, August.
- Takashi Kamihigashi & John Stachurski, 2009. "Asymptotics Of Stochastic Recursive Economies Under Monotonicity," KIER Working Papers 666, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.