An Order-Theoretic Mixing Condition for Monotone Markov Chains
We discuss stability of discrete-time Markov chains satisfying monotonicity and an order-theoretic mixing condition that can be seen as an alternative to irreducibility. A chain satisfying these conditions has at most one stationary distribution. Moreover, if there is a stationary distribution, then the chain is stable in an order-theoretic sense.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Canberra, ACT 2601|
Phone: +61 2 6125 3807
Fax: +61 2 6125 0744
Web page: http://rse.anu.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Stachurski, 2009. "Economic Dynamics: Theory and Computation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262012774, January.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-1406, November.
- Bhattacharya,Rabi & Majumdar,Mukul, 2007. "Random Dynamical Systems," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521825658, December.
- Bhattacharya,Rabi & Majumdar,Mukul, 2007. "Random Dynamical Systems," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521532723, December.
- Takashi Kamihigashi & John Stachurski, 2009. "Asymptotics Of Stochastic Recursive Economies Under Monotonicity," KIER Working Papers 666, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.