An Order-Theoretic Mixing Condition for Monotone Markov Chains
We discuss stability of discrete-time Markov chains satisfying monotonicity and an order-theoretic mixing condition that can be seen as an alternative to irreducibility. A chain satisfying these conditions has at most one stationary distribution. Moreover, if there is a stationary distribution, then the chain is stable in an order-theoretic sense.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:||Sep 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +81-(0)78 803 7036
Fax: +81-(0)78 803 7059
Web page: http://www.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takashi Kamihigashi & John Stachurski, 2009. "Asymptotics Of Stochastic Recursive Economies Under Monotonicity," KIER Working Papers 666, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- John Stachurski, 2009. "Economic Dynamics: Theory and Computation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262012774, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521825658 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-406, November.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521532723 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kob:dpaper:dp2011-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office of Promoting Research Collaboration, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.