Estimating the inter-arrival time density of Markov renewal processes under structural assumptions on the transition distribution
We consider a stationary Markov renewal process whose inter-arrival time density depends multiplicatively on the distance between the past and present state of the embedded chain. This is appropriate when the jump size is governed by influences that accumulate over time. Then we can construct an estimator for the inter-arrival time density that has the parametric rate of convergence. The estimator is a local von Mises statistic. The result carries over to the corresponding semi-Markov process.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raberto, Marco & Scalas, Enrico & Mainardi, Francesco, 2002.
"Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 314(1), pages 749-755.
- Marco Raberto & Enrico Scalas & Francesco Mainardi, 2004. "Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study," Finance 0411014, EconWPA.
- M. Raberto & E. Scalas & F. Mainardi, 2002. "Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study," Papers cond-mat/0203596, arXiv.org.
- Zudi Lu, 2001. "Asymptotic Normality of Kernel Density Estimators under Dependence," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 447-468, September.
- Mark M. Meerschaert & Enrico Scalas, 2006.
"Coupled continuous time random walks in finance,"
- Meerschaert, Mark M. & Scalas, Enrico, 2006. "Coupled continuous time random walks in finance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 114-118.
- Glen, Andrew G. & Leemis, Lawrence M. & Drew, John H., 2004. "Computing the distribution of the product of two continuous random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 451-464, January.
- Schick Anton & Wefelmeyer Wolfgang, 2009. "Non-standard behavior of density estimators for sums of squared observations," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 27(1), pages 55-73, November.
- Anton Schick & Wolfgang Wefelmeyer, 2008. "Root-n consistency in weighted L 1 -spaces for density estimators of invertible linear processes," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 281-310, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:81:y:2011:i:2:p:277-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.