Doubly robust semiparametric estimation for the missing censoring indicator model
We present a semiparametric analysis of an augmented inverse probability of non-missingness weighted (AIPW) estimator of a survival function for the missing censoring indicator model. Although the estimator is asymptotically less efficient than a Dikta semiparametric estimator, its advantage is the insulation that it offers against inconsistency due to misspecification. We present theoretical and numerical comparisons of the asymptotic variances when there is no misspecification. In addition, we derive the asymptotic variance of the AIPW estimator when there is partial misspecification. We also present a numerical robustness study that confirms the superiority of the AIPW estimator when there is misspecification.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 80 (2010)
Issue (Month): 7-8 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dikta, Gerhard & Kvesic, Marsel & Schmidt, Christian, 2006. "Bootstrap Approximations in Model Checks for Binary Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 521-530, June.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Satten, Glen A. & Datta, Somnath & Robins, James, 2001. "Estimating the marginal survival function in the presence of time dependent covariates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 397-403, October.
- Subramanian, Sundarraman, 2009. "The multiple imputations based Kaplan-Meier estimator," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(18), pages 1906-1914, September.
- Subramanian, Sundarraman & Bandyopadhyay, Dipankar, 2008. "Semiparametric left truncation and right censorship models with missing censoring indicators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(16), pages 2572-2577, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:80:y:2010:i:7-8:p:621-630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.