Inconsistency of bootstrap for nonstationary, vector autoregressive processes
Using a nonstationary, bivariate autoregressive process with iid innovations, this paper shows that the bootstrap vector autoregressive causality test is inconsistent in general in the sense that its weak limit is different from that of the original causality test.
Volume (Year): 75 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hiro Y. Toda & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1991.
"Vector Autoregression and Causality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
977, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2000.
"Bootstrapping Autoregressive Processes with Possible Unit Roots,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0401, Econometric Society.
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2002. "Bootstrapping Autoregressive Processes with Possible Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 377-391, January.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Choi, In, 2005. "Subsampling vector autoregressive tests of linear constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 55-89, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:75:y:2005:i:1:p:39-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.