A partial introduction to financial asset pricing theory
We present an introduction to mathematical Finance Theory for mathematicians. The approach is to start with an abstract setting and then introduce hypotheses as needed to develop the theory. We present the basics of European call and put options, and we show the connection between American put options and backwards stochastic differential equations.
Volume (Year): 91 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Robert A. Jarrow & Xing Jin & Dilip B. Madan, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 255-273.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Philip Protter & Michael Dritschel, 1999. "Complete markets with discontinuous security price," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 203-214.
- Philippe Artzner & David Heath, 1995. "Approximate Completeness With Multiple Martingale Measures," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 1-11.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Huang, Chi-fu, 1985. "Information structures and viable price systems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 215-240, June.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Donald J. Brown & Stephen A. Ross, 1988.
"Spanning, Valuation and Options,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
873, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Goldman, M Barry & Sosin, Howard B & Gatto, Mary Ann, 1979. "Path Dependent Options: "Buy at the Low, Sell at the High"," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1111-27, December.
- Battig, Robert J & Jarrow, Robert A, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1219-35.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:91:y:2001:i:2:p:169-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.