A partial introduction to financial asset pricing theory
We present an introduction to mathematical Finance Theory for mathematicians. The approach is to start with an abstract setting and then introduce hypotheses as needed to develop the theory. We present the basics of European call and put options, and we show the connection between American put options and backwards stochastic differential equations.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 91 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goldman, M Barry & Sosin, Howard B & Gatto, Mary Ann, 1979. "Path Dependent Options: "Buy at the Low, Sell at the High"," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(5), pages 1111-1127, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005.
"Theory of rational option pricing,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Brown, Donald J & Ross, Stephen A, 1991. "Spanning, Valuation and Options," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 1(1), pages 3-12, January.
- Donald J. Brown & Stephen A. Ross, 1988. "Spanning, Valuation and Options," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 873, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yuri Kifer, 2000. "Game options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 443-463.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Philippe Artzner & David Heath, 1995. "Approximate Completeness With Multiple Martingale Measures," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 1-11.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Battig, Robert J & Jarrow, Robert A, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1219-1235.
- Huang, Chi-fu, 1985. "Information structures and viable price systems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 215-240, June.
- Philip Protter & Michael Dritschel, 1999. "Complete markets with discontinuous security price," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 203-214.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Robert A. Jarrow & Xing Jin & Dilip B. Madan, 1999. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Asset Pricing," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 255-273. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:91:y:2001:i:2:p:169-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.