Lagging and leading coupled continuous time random walks, renewal times and their joint limits
Subordinating a random walk to a renewal process yields a continuous time random walk (CTRW), which models diffusion and anomalous diffusion. Transition densities of scaling limits of power law CTRWs have been shown to solve fractional Fokker-Planck equations. We consider limits of CTRWs which arise when both waiting times and jumps are taken from an infinitesimal triangular array. Two different limit processes are identified when waiting times precede jumps or follow jumps, respectively, together with two limit processes corresponding to the renewal times. We calculate the joint law of all four limit processes evaluated at a fixed time t.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 121 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Enrico Scalas & Rudolf Gorenflo & Francesco Mainardi, 2004.
"Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance,"
- Scalas, Enrico & Gorenflo, Rudolf & Mainardi, Francesco, 2000. "Fractional calculus and continuous-time finance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 284(1), pages 376-384.
- Raberto, Marco & Scalas, Enrico & Mainardi, Francesco, 2002.
"Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 314(1), pages 749-755.
- M. Raberto & E. Scalas & F. Mainardi, 2002. "Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study," Papers cond-mat/0203596, arXiv.org.
- Marco Raberto & Enrico Scalas & Francesco Mainardi, 2004. "Waiting-times and returns in high-frequency financial data: an empirical study," Finance 0411014, EconWPA.
- Meerschaert, Mark M. & Scheffler, Hans-Peter, 2008. "Triangular array limits for continuous time random walks," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(9), pages 1606-1633, September.
- Mark M. Meerschaert & Enrico Scalas, 2006.
"Coupled continuous time random walks in finance,"
- Meerschaert, Mark M. & Scalas, Enrico, 2006. "Coupled continuous time random walks in finance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 114-118.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:121:y:2011:i:2:p:324-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.