The L2-structures of standard and switching-regime GARCH models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francq, C. & Zakoian, J. -M., 2001.
"Stationarity of multivariate Markov-switching ARMA models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 339-364, June.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2000. "Stationarity of Multivariate Markov-Switching ARMA Models," Working Papers 2000-32, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002.
"NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT MOMENT CONDITIONS FOR THE GARCH(r,s) AND ASYMMETRIC POWER GARCH(r,s) MODELS,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 722-729, June.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "Necessary and Sufficient Moment Conditions for the GARCH(r,s) and Asymmetric Power GARCH(r,s) Models," ISER Discussion Paper 0534, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Dueker, Michael J, 1997.
"Markov Switching in GARCH Processes and Mean-Reverting Stock-Market Volatility,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 26-34, January.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1995. "Markov switching in GARCH processes and mean reverting stock market volatility," Working Papers 1994-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hillebrand, Eric, 2005. "Neglecting parameter changes in GARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 121-138.
- Cai, Jun, 1994. "A Markov Model of Switching-Regime ARCH," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 309-316, July.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus, 2000. "Stationary Arch Models: Dependence Structure And Central Limit Theorem," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 3-22, February.
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bai, Xuezheng & Russell, Jeffrey R. & Tiao, George C., 2003. "Kurtosis of GARCH and stochastic volatility models with non-normal innovations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 349-360, June.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haas, Markus, 2010. "Covariance forecasts and long-run correlations in a Markov-switching model for dynamic correlations," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 86-97, June.
- Haas, Markus, 2008. "The autocorrelation structure of the Markov-switching asymmetric power GARCH process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(12), pages 1480-1489, September.
- Augustyniak, Maciej, 2014. "Maximum likelihood estimation of the Markov-switching GARCH model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 61-75.
- Dimitris N. Politis & Dimitrios D. Thomakos, 2007.
"NoVaS Transformations: Flexible Inference for Volatility Forecasting,"
Working Paper series
44_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Politis, Dimitris N & Thomakos, Dimitrios D, 2008. "NoVaS Transformations: Flexible Inference for Volatility Forecasting," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt982208kx, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Dimitris Politis & Dimitrios Thomakos, 2007. "NoVaS Transformations: Flexible Inference for Volatility Forecasting," Working Papers 0005, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Bibi, Abdelouahab & Ghezal, Ahmed, 2015. "Consistency of quasi-maximum likelihood estimator for Markov-switching bilinear time series models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 192-202.
- Liu, Ji-Chun, 2012. "Structure of a double autoregressive process driven by a hidden Markov chain," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(7), pages 1468-1473.
- Bildirici, Melike & Ersin, Özgür, 2012. "Nonlinear volatility models in economics: smooth transition and neural network augmented GARCH, APGARCH, FIGARCH and FIAPGARCH models," MPRA Paper 40330, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2012.
- Francq, Christian & ZakoIÂ¨an, Jean-Michel, 2008. "Deriving the autocovariances of powers of Markov-switching GARCH models, with applications to statistical inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 3027-3046, February.
- Pelletier, Denis, 2006.
"Regime switching for dynamic correlations,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 445-473.
- Denis Pelletier, 2004. "Regime Switching for Dynamic Correlations," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 230, Econometric Society.
- Krämer, Walter, 2008.
"Long memory with Markov-Switching GARCH,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 390-392, May.
- Prof. Dr. Walter Krämer, "undated". "Long memory with Markov-Switching GARCH," Working Papers 6, Business and Social Statistics Department, Technische Universität Dortmund, revised Oct 2006.
- Walter Kraemer, 2008. "Long Memory with Markov-Switching GARCH," CESifo Working Paper Series 2225, CESifo Group Munich.
- Krämer, Walter, 2006. "Long memory with Markov-Switching GARCH," Technical Reports 2006,35, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Lee, Oesook & Lee, Jungwha, 2014. "The functional central limit theorem for the multivariate MS–ARMA–GARCH model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(3), pages 331-335.
More about this item
KeywordsARMA representation GARCH HMM Markov-switching models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:115:y:2005:i:9:p:1557-1582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.