“I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Allison, 2002. "Changing geographies of care: employing the concept of therapeutic landscapes as a framework in examining home space," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 141-154, July.
- Milligan, Christine & Gatrell, Anthony & Bingley, Amanda, 2004. "'Cultivating health': therapeutic landscapes and older people in northern England," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(9), pages 1781-1793, May.
- Hale, James & Knapp, Corrine & Bardwell, Lisa & Buchenau, Michael & Marshall, Julie & Sancar, Fahriye & Litt, Jill S., 2011. "Connecting food environments and health through the relational nature of aesthetics: Gaining insight through the community gardening experience," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(11), pages 1853-1863, June.
- Williams, Allison, 1998. "Therapeutic landscapes in holistic medicine," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1193-1203, May.
- Andrea Abraham & Kathrin Sommerhalder & Thomas Abel, 2010. "Landscape and well-being: a scoping study on the health-promoting impact of outdoor environments," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(1), pages 59-69, February.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:5:758-768_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Allison, 2010. "Spiritual therapeutic landscapes and healing: A case study of St. Anne de Beaupre, Quebec, Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1633-1640, May.
- Riva, Mylene & Curtis, Sarah & Gauvin, Lise & Fagg, James, 2009. "Unravelling the extent of inequalities in health across urban and rural areas: Evidence from a national sample in England," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 654-663, February.
- Laws, Jennifer, 2009. "Reworking therapeutic landscapes: The spatiality of an 'alternative' self-help group," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 1827-1833, December.
- Kearns, Robin A. & Collins, Damian C. A., 2000. "New Zealand children's health camps: therapeutic landscapes meet the contract state," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 1047-1059, October.
- Gesler, Wilbert M., 1992. "Therapeutic landscapes: Medical issues in light of the new cultural geography," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 735-746, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:9:1451-1456_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galea, Sandro & Freudenberg, Nicholas & Vlahov, David, 2005. "Cities and population health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 1017-1033, March.
- Kearns, Robin A. & Joseph, Alun E., 1993. "Space in its place: Developing the link in medical geography," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 711-717, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bradbury-Jones, Caroline & Taylor, Julie & Herber, Oliver, 2014. "How theory is used and articulated in qualitative research: Development of a new typology," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 135-141.
- Houghton, Frank & Houghton, Sharon, 2015. "Therapeutic micro-environments in the Edgelands: A thematic analysis of Richard Mabey's The Unofficial Countryside," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 280-286.
- Bell, Sarah L. & Phoenix, Cassandra & Lovell, Rebecca & Wheeler, Benedict W., 2015. "Seeking everyday wellbeing: The coast as a therapeutic landscape," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 56-67.
- Elliott, Lewis R. & White, Mathew P. & Taylor, Adrian H. & Herbert, Stephen, 2015. "Energy expenditure on recreational visits to different natural environments," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 53-60.
More about this item
KeywordsGermany; Urban blue; Therapeutic landscape; Water and health; Well-being; Cities; Environmental health; Urban planning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:78:y:2013:i:c:p:113-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.