Associations between friends' disordered eating and muscle-enhancing behaviors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Trogdon, Justin G. & Nonnemaker, James & Pais, Joanne, 2008. "Peer effects in adolescent overweight," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1388-1399, September.
- Renna, Francesco & Grafova, Irina B. & Thakur, Nidhi, 2008. "The effect of friends on adolescent body weight," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 377-387, December.
- Eisenberg, Marla E. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne & Story, Mary & Perry, Cheryl, 2005. "The role of social norms and friends' influences on unhealthy weight-control behaviors among adolescent girls," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1165-1173, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:5:844-851_0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Barnett, Jessica Penwell, 2010. "Peer-led interventions to reduce HIV risk of youth: A review," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 98-112, May.
More about this item
KeywordsU.S.A.; Adolescents; Disordered eating; Muscle-enhancing; Friends; Social influence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:12:p:2242-2249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.