Impacts of domestic violence on child growth and nutrition: A conceptual review of the pathways of influence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edleson, Jeffrey L. & Ellerton, Amanda L. & Seagren, Ellen A. & Kirchberg, Staci L. & Schmidt, Sarah O. & Ambrose, Amirthini T., 2007. "Assessing child exposure to adult domestic violence," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 961-971, July.
- Ellsberg, Mary & Peña, Rodolfo & Herrera, Andrés & Liljestrand, Jerker & Winkvist, Anna, 2000. "Candies in hell: women's experiences of violence in Nicaragua," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(11), pages 1595-1610, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1990:80:5:575-579_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Patrice L. & Menon, Purnima & Haddad, Lawrence, 1999. "Care and Nutrition: Concepts and Measurement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1309-1337, August.
- Diop-Sidibé, Nafissatou & Campbell, Jacquelyn C. & Becker, Stan, 2006. "Domestic violence against women in Egypt--wife beating and health outcomes," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1260-1277, March.
- Peck, Maria Nyström & Lundberg, Olle, 1995. "Short stature as an effect of economic and social conditions in childhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 733-738, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:devpol:v:35:y:2017:i:5:p:621-643 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:socmed:v:185:y:2017:i:c:p:91-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanjay RODE, 2014. "Prevalence And Determinants Of Malnutrition Among Below Five Age Group Children Of Slums In Mumbai City," Business Excellence and Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 4(2), pages 12-27, June.
- Kathryn Yount & Kristin VanderEnde & Sarah Zureick-Brown & Hoang Anh & Sidney Schuler & Tran Minh, 2014. "Measuring Attitudes About Intimate Partner Violence Against Women: The ATT-IPV Scale," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(4), pages 1551-1572, August.
- Renata Gukovas & Miriam Muller & Ana Claudia Pereira & Maira Emy Reimao, 2016. "A Snapshot of Gender in Brazil Today," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25976, The World Bank.
- Samantha Rawlings & Zahra Siddique, 2014. "Domestic Abuse and Child Health," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2014-06, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Alvaro Morales & Prakarsh Singh, 2016. "“Face the bullet, spare the rod?” Evidence from the aftermath of the Shining Path Insurgency," HiCN Working Papers 191 updated, Households in Conflict Network.
- Kathryn Yount & Sarah Zureick-Brown & Rania Salem, 2014. "Intimate Partner Violence and Women’s Economic and Non-Economic Activities in Minya, Egypt," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(3), pages 1069-1099, June.
- Kathryn M. Yount & AliceAnn Crandall & Yuk Fai Cheong & Theresa L. Osypuk & Lisa M. Bates & Ruchira T. Naved & Sidney Ruth Schuler, 2016. "Child Marriage and Intimate Partner Violence in Rural Bangladesh: A Longitudinal Multilevel Analysis," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 1821-1852, December.
- Richards, Esther & Theobald, Sally & George, Asha & Kim, Julia C. & Rudert, Christiane & Jehan, Kate & Tolhurst, Rachel, 2013. "Going beyond the surface: Gendered intra-household bargaining as a social determinant of child health and nutrition in low and middle income countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 24-33.
- VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M., 2012. "Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(7), pages 1143-1155.
- Prakarsh Singh & Alvaro Morales, 2015. "The Effect of Civil Conflict on Child Abuse: Evidence from Peru," NCID Working Papers 04/2015, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:192:y:2017:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen J Atwood & Somil Nagpal & Nkosinathi V Mbuya & Luc Laviolette, 2014. "Nutrition in Bhutan: Situational Analysis and Policy Recommendations," Health, Nutrition and Population (HNP) Discussion Paper Series 94029, The World Bank.
- Rawlings, Samantha & Siddique, Zahra, 2014. "Domestic Abuse and Child Health," IZA Discussion Papers 8566, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Murasko, Jason E., 2013. "Physical growth and cognitive skills in early-life: Evidence from a nationally representative US birth cohort," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 267-277.
More about this item
KeywordsDomestic violence Early childhood growth Early childhood malnutrition Review;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:9:p:1534-1554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.