Stigma and the ethics of public health: Not can we but should we
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alamar, Benjamin & Glantz, Stanton A, 2006. "Effect of increased social unacceptability of cigarette smoking on reduction in cigarette consumption," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt605791kz, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:3:341-342_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goldin, Carol S., 1994. "Stigmatization and AIDS: Critical issues in public health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1359-1366, November.
- Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter, 2003. "HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 13-24, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.069617_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2005.071886_2 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rappert, Brian & Moyes, Richard & Lang, Iain, 2012. "The case for addressing explosive weapons: Conflict, violence and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(11), pages 2047-2054.
- Zhang, J. & Tong, L. & Lamberson, P.J. & Durazo-Arvizu, R.A. & Luke, A. & Shoham, D.A., 2015. "Leveraging social influence to address overweight and obesity using agent-based models: The role of adolescent social networks," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 203-213.
- Ross, Paula Thompson, 2015. "Motivations of women with sickle cell disease for asking their partners to undergo genetic testing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 36-43.
- Lewis, Sophie & Thomas, Samantha L. & Blood, R. Warwick & Castle, David J. & Hyde, Jim & Komesaroff, Paul A., 2011. "How do obese individuals perceive and respond to the different types of obesity stigma that they encounter in their daily lives? A qualitative study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(9), pages 1349-1356.
- Debra Jones Ringold, 2016. "Assumptions about Consumers, Producers, and Regulators: What They Tell Us about Ourselves," Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 341-354.
- Easter, Michele M., 2012. "“Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(8), pages 1408-1416.
- Ovrum, Arnstein & Gustavsen, Geir Waehler & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2012. "Health inequalities over the adult life course: the role of lifestyle choices," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125862, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hakkarainen, Pekka, 2013. "Tobacco Road Finland – How did an accepted pleasure turn into an avoidable risk behaviour?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 253-259.
- Evans-Polce, Rebecca J. & Castaldelli-Maia, Joao M. & Schomerus, Georg & Evans-Lacko, Sara E., 2015. "The downside of tobacco control? Smoking and self-stigma: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 26-34.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:185:y:2017:i:c:p:127-136 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsStigma HIV Ethics Public Health Policy Tobacco Human Rights Smoking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:67:y:2008:i:3:p:463-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.