Gender bias in the food insecurity experience of Ethiopian adolescents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Worthman, Carol M. & Kohrt, Brandon, 2005. "Receding horizons of health: biocultural approaches to public health paradoxes," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 861-878, August.
- Gillespie, Stuart, 2006. "AIDS, poverty, and hunger: challenges and responses," Food policy statements 43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Peña, Christine & Nishida, Chizuru & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Slack, Alison T., 1996. "Food security and nutrition implications of intrahousehold bias," FCND discussion papers 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Messer, Ellen, 1997. "Intra-household allocation of food and health care: Current findings and understandings--Introduction," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1675-1684, June.
- Leonard, William R., 1991. "Household-level strategies for protecting children from seasonal food scarcity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1127-1133, January.
- Gittelsohn, Joel & Thapa, Meera & Landman, Laura T., 1997. "Cultural factors, caloric intake and micronutrient sufficiency in rural Nepali households," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1739-1749, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Máximo Rossi & Zuleika Ferre & María Rosa Curutchet & Ana Giménez & Gastón Ares, 2016.
"Influence of socio-demographic characteristics on different dimensions of household food insecurity in Montevideo, Uruguay,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
0516, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Rossi, Máximo & Ferre, Zuleika & Curutchet, María Rosa & Giménez, Ana & Ares, Gastón, 2017. "Influence of socio-demographic characteristics on different dimensions of household food insecurity in Montevideo, Uruguay," GLO Discussion Paper Series 113, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A., 2012. "Altered social cohesion and adverse psychological experiences with chronic food insecurity in the non-market economy and complex households of Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 444-451.
- Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Hunt, Peter W. & Muzoora, Conrad & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D., 2012. "Food insecurity, depression and the modifying role of social support among people living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(12), pages 2012-2019.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:187:y:2017:i:c:p:76-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wells, Jonathan C.K. & Marphatia, Akanksha A. & Cole, Tim J. & McCoy, David, 2012. "Associations of economic and gender inequality with global obesity prevalence: Understanding the female excess," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 482-490.
- Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David, 2011. "Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1534-1542.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:182:y:2017:i:c:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuku, Oluyemisi & Gundersen, Craig & Garasky, Steven, 2011. "Differences in food insecurity between adults and children in Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 311-317, April.
- Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A., 2012. "Women’s rank modifies the relationship between household and women’s food insecurity in complex households in northern Burkina Faso," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 217-225.
- Piperata, Barbara A. & Schmeer, Kammi K. & Hadley, Craig & Ritchie-Ewing, Genevieve, 2013. "Dietary inequalities of mother–child pairs in the rural Amazon: Evidence of maternal-child buffering?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 183-191.
More about this item
KeywordsFood security Nutrition Discrimination Ethiopia Africa Intra-household Adolescents Gender;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:66:y:2008:i:2:p:427-438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.