A credit scoring approach for the commercial banking sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zopounidis, C & Pouliezos, A & Yannacopoulos, D, 1992. "Designing a DSS for the Assessment of Company Performance and Viability," Computer Science in Economics & Management, Kluwer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 5(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Tam, KY, 1991. "Neural network models and the prediction of bank bankruptcy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 429-445.
- William B. English & William R. Nelson, 1998. "Bank risk rating of business loans," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bierman, Harold, 1968. "Using Investment Portfolios to Change Risk*," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 151-156, June.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Slowinski, R. & Susmaga, R. & Zopounidis, C., 1999. "Business failure prediction using rough sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 263-280, April.
- Oral, Muhittin & Yolalan, Reha, 1990. "An empirical study on measuring operating efficiency and profitability of bank branches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 282-294, June.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A., 1978.
"Problems in applying discriminant analysis in credit scoring models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 205-219, October.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis, 1978. "Problems in applying discriminant analysis in credit scoring models," Staff Studies 94, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mareschal, B. & Brans, J. P., 1991. "BANKADVISER: An industrial evaluation system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 318-324, October.
- Peel, MJ & Peel, DA & Pope, PF, 1986. "Predicting corporate failure-- Some results for the UK corporate sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 5-12.
- Beaver, Wh, 1966. "Financial Ratios As Predictors Of Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4, pages 71-111.
- Treacy, William F. & Carey, Mark, 2000. "Credit risk rating systems at large US banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 167-201, January.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Mark S. Carey & Mark Hrycay, 2000. "Parameterizing credit risk models with rating data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-47, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Diakoulaki, D & Mavrotas, G & Papayannakis, L, 1992. "A multicriteria approach for evaluating the performance of industrial firms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 467-474, July.
- Lopez, Jose A. & Saidenberg, Marc R., 2000. "Evaluating credit risk models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 151-165, January.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Falbo, P, 1991. "Credit-scoring by enlarged discriminant models," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 275-289.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. "Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-291, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ha-Thu Nguyen, 2015. "How is credit scoring used to predict default in China?," EconomiX Working Papers 2015-1, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Wojciech Lichota, 2016. "Efektywność finansowa specjalnych stref ekonomicznych w Polsce," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 1, pages 99-130.
- Tien-Chin Wang & Ying-Ling Lin, 2009. "Using a Multi-Criteria Group Decision Making Approach to Select Merged Strategies for Commercial Banks," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 18(6), pages 519-536, November.
- Korol, Tomasz, 2013. "Early warning models against bankruptcy risk for Central European and Latin American enterprises," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 22-30.
- Tomasz Korol, 2018. "The Implementation of Fuzzy Logic in Forecasting Financial Ratios," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 12(2), June.
- Salihu, Armend & Shehu, Visar, 2020. "A Review of Algorithms for Credit Risk Analysis," Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference (2020), Virtual Conference, in: Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference, Virtual Conference, 10-12 September 2020, pages 134-146, IRENET - Society for Advancing Innovation and Research in Economy, Zagreb.
- Apostolos G. Christopoulos & Ioannis G. Dokas & Sofia Katsimardou & Konstantinos Vlachogiannatos, 2016. "Investigation of the relative efficiency for the Greek listed firms of the construction sector based on two DEA approaches for the period 2006–2012," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 423-444, October.
- Hsiang-Hsi Liu & Tser-Yieth Chen & Jia-Wen Chen, 2013. "Incorporating the Credit Ranking Measure to Evaluate the Operating Efficiency of Financial Holding Companies in Taiwan," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1386-1404, October.
- Artur Wyszyński, 2017. "Sytuacja finansowa klubów Ekstraklasy w ujęciu metody DEA," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 2, pages 69-99.
- Ioannis Tsolas, 2015. "Firm credit risk evaluation: a series two-stage DEA modeling framework," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 233(1), pages 483-500, October.
- Catarina Figueira & Joseph Nellis, 2009. "Bank merger and acquisitions activity in the EU: much ado about nothing?," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 875-886, July.
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Acharya, Debashis, 2010. "An alternative approach to monetary aggregation in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 672-682, August.
- Lobna Abid & Afif Masmoudi & Sonia Zouari-Ghorbel, 2018. "The Consumer Loan’s Payment Default Predictive Model: an Application of the Logistic Regression and the Discriminant Analysis in a Tunisian Commercial Bank," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 9(3), pages 948-962, September.
- Kheiri Chari , Mohammad & Aliheidari Bioki , Tahereh & Khademizare , Hasan, 2013. "The New Method for Ranking Grouped Credit Customer Based on DEA Method," Journal of Money and Economy, Monetary and Banking Research Institute, Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran, vol. 8(4), pages 75-98, October.
- Somayeh Moradi & Farimah Mokhatab Rafiei, 2019. "A dynamic credit risk assessment model with data mining techniques: evidence from Iranian banks," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Fernando A. F. Ferreira & Sérgio P. Santos, 2009. "Adding Value to Bank Branch Performance Evaluation Using Cognitive Maps and MCDA: A Case Study," Working Papers w200923, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Hussein A. Abdou & John Pointon, 2011. "Credit Scoring, Statistical Techniques And Evaluation Criteria: A Review Of The Literature," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2-3), pages 59-88, April.
- Nyitrai, Tamás & Virág, Miklós, 2019. "The effects of handling outliers on the performance of bankruptcy prediction models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 34-42.
- Virág, Miklós & Nyitrai, Tamás, 2017. "Magyar vállalkozások felszámolásának előrejelzése pénzügyi mutatóik idősorai alapján [Predicting the liquidation of Hungarian firms using a time series of their financial ratios]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 305-324.
- Psillaki, Maria & Tsolas, Ioannis E. & Margaritis, Dimitris, 2010. "Evaluation of credit risk based on firm performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 873-881, March.
- Anna Feruś, 2010. "The Application of DEA Method in Evaluating Credit Risk of Companies," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 4(4), December.
- Anatol RACUL & Petru TOMIŢA, 2015. "A Parametric Approach To Assessing The Creditworthiness For The Moldovan Rural Development Network," Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 45-60.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:37:y:2003:i:2:p:103-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.