An economic theory of FDI: A behavioral economics and historical approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tomasz Lenartowicz & Kendall Roth, 1999. "A Framework for Culture Assessment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(4), pages 781-798, December.
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Froot, Kenneth A. (ed.), 1994. "Foreign Direct Investment," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226266213.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi & Ozawa, Terutomo, 1984. "Micro- and Macro-Economic Models of Direct Foreign Investment : Toward a Synthesis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, June.
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Motta, Massimo & Norman, George, 1996.
"Does Economic Integration Cause Foreign Direct Investment?,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 757-783, November.
- Massimo Motta & George Norman, 1993. "Does economic integration cause foreign direct investment?," Economics Working Papers 28, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rugman, Alan M, 1986. "New Theories of the Multinational Enterprise: An Assessment of Internalization Theory," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 101-118, May.
- Luis R Gómez-Mejia & Leslie E Palich, 1997. "Cultural Diversity and the Performance of Multinational Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 28(2), pages 309-335, June.
- Galbraith, Craig S. & Kay, Neil M., 1986. "Towards a theory of multinational enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-19, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katiuscia Vaccarini, 2014. "Psychic distance and FDI: the case of China," Working Papers 1403, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Diallo Mamadou Saliou Kokouma & Kaning Xu, 2013. "Attracting Chinese Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to Africa: Determinants and Policies - The Case of Guinea," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(4), pages 52-71, October.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2006. "Provision of public infrastructure, foreign investment and welfare in the presence of specialisation-based external economies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 142-156, January.
- Ricardo Pinheiro Alves, 2008.
"Behavioural Determinants Of Foreign Direct Investment,"
0008, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Dec 2008.
- Pinheiro-Alves, Ricardo, 2008. "Behavioural determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," MPRA Paper 10297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hosseini, Hamid, 2008. "Psychic distance, psychic distance paradox and behavioral economics: Modeling MNC entry behavior in foreign markets," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 939-948, June.
- Tullio Buccellato & Francesco Santangelo, 2009. "Foreign direct investments distribution in the Russian Federation: do spatial effects matter?," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 99, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Ramasamy Murugesan & Murugesan Poovendhan, 2016. "Analysis of factors determining the inward FDI in top seven Indian states from top seven source countries using gravity model," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(3), pages 209-230.
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:2:y:2014:i:3:p:5-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- VINTILĂ Denisia, 2010. "Foreign Direct Investment Theories: An Overview of the Main FDI Theories," European Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, Bucharest Economic Academy, issue 02, June.
- Marta Gotz, 2013. "Exploring Foreign Direct Investment From Poland Using Grounded Theory Method," Oeconomia Copernicana, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 4(2), pages 73-96, June.
- Pinheiro-Alves, Ricardo, 2011. "Behavioural influences in Portuguese foreign direct investment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 394-403, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:34:y:2005:i:4:p:528-541. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .