Does Economic Integration Cause Foreign Direct Investment?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Massimo Motta & George Norman, 1993. "Does economic integration cause foreign direct investment?," Economics Working Papers 28, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
References listed on IDEAS
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Markusen, James R, 1987. "Strategic Investments and the Development of Multinationals," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 109-121, February.
- Motta, Massimo, 1992. "Multinational firms and the tariff-jumping argument : A game theoretic analysis with some unconventional conclusions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1557-1571, December.
- Smith, Alasdair, 1987. "Strategic investment, multinational corporations and trade policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 89-96.
- V.N. Balasubramanyam & David Greenaway, 1992. "Economic Integration and Foreign Direct Investment: Japanese Investment in the EC," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 175-194, June.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1992. "Intra-industry Trade and Investment under Oligopoly: The Role of Market Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 402-414, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Robert Elliott & Ying Zhou, 2013.
"Environmental Regulation Induced Foreign Direct Investment,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 55(1), pages 141-158, May.
- Robert J R Elliott & Ying Zhou, 2013. "Environmental Regulation Induced Foreign Direct Investment," Discussion Papers 13-08, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Collie, David R., 2009. "Tacit Collusion over Foreign Direct Investment under Oligopoly," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/8, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Bughin, Jacques & Vannini, Stefano, 1995.
"Strategic direct investment under unionized oligopoly,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 127-145, March.
- Bughin, J. & Vannini, S., 1994. "Strategic Direct Investment Under Unionized Oligopoly," Papers 9402, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- Silvio Traverso & Guido Bonatti, 2015. "Education and FDI: An Insight from US Outflows," Journal of Social Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 2(3), pages 101-116.
- Jacques, Armel, 2006.
"Des firmes multinationales : un survol de la littérature microéconomique,"
L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 82(4), pages 643-691, décembre.
- Armel Jacques, 2006. "Les firmes multinationales : un survol de la littérature micro-économique," Post-Print halshs-01697618, HAL.
- Leahy, Dermot & Pavelin, Stephen, 2003. "Follow-my-leader FDI and tacit collusion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 439-453, March.
- J. Peter Neary, 2002.
"Foreign Direct Investment and the Single Market,"
Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(3), pages 291-314, June.
- J. Peter Neary, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Single Market," Development Working Papers 160, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Neary, J Peter, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Single Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Peter Neary, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and the single market," Working Papers 200124, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Collie, D. & Vandenbussche, H., 1999. "Trade, FDI, and unions," Discussion Paper 1999-42, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gianni De Fraja & George Norman, 2004.
"Product Differentiation and the Location of International Production,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 151-170, March.
- Gianni De Fraja & George Norman, 1998. "Product Differentiation and the Location of International Production," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9814, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Suetrong, Kullapat, 2012. "Trade cost reduction and foreign direct investment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1938-1945.
- Roy, Santanu & Viaene, Jean-Marie, 1998. "On strategic vertical foreign investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 253-279, December.
- Adams, Laurel & Régibeau, Pierre & Rockett, Katharine, 2014.
"Incentives to create jobs: Regional subsidies, national trade policy and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 102-119.
- Régibeau, P & Rockett, K & Adams, L, 2012. "Incentives to Create Jobs: Regional Subsidies, National Trade Policy and Foreign Direct Investment," Economics Discussion Papers 2862, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Bajo Rubio, 1998. "An Industry Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment in Spanish Manufacturing, 1986-1992," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 9804, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- George Norman, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment and International Trade: a Review," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9810, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Jiyun Cao & Arijit Mukherjee, 2017. "Market Power of the Input Supplier, Technology Transfer and Consumer Welfare," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 85(4), pages 430-449, July.
- Belderbos, Rene & Vandenbussche, Hylke & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1999. "Undertakings and Antidumping Jumping FDI in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 2320, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rafael Moner‐Colonques & Vicente Orts & José J. Sempere‐Monerris, 2008. "Entry in Foreign Markets under Asymmetric Information and Demand Uncertainty," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 74(4), pages 1105-1122, April.
- Jiyun Cao & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Market Power of the Input Supplier, Technology Transfer and Consumer Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 5093, CESifo.
- Belderbos, R. & Vandenbussche, H. & Veugelers, R., 2004. "Antidumping duties, undertakings, and foreign direct investment in the EU," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 429-453, April.
- Streif, Frank, 2015. "Tax competition in Europe: Europe in competition with other world regions?," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-082, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:37:y:1996:i:4:p:757-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing or (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.