Growing where you are planted: Exogenous firms and the seeding of Silicon Valley
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee Fleming & Koen Frenken, 2007.
"The Evolution Of Inventor Networks In The Silicon Valley And Boston Regions,"
Advances in Complex Systems (ACS),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 53-71.
- Lee Fleming & Koen Frenken, 2006. "The evolution of inventor networks in the Silicon Valley and Boston regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0609, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2006.
- B Harrison, 1994. "Concentrated Economic Power and Silicon Valley," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 26(2), pages 307-328, February.
- Cooper, Arnold C., 1985. "The role of incubator organizations in the founding of growth-oriented firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 75-86.
- S O Park & A Markusen, 1995. "Generalizing new industrial districts: a theoretical agenda and an application from a non-Western economy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(1), pages 81-104, January.
- Acs,Zoltan J. & Armington,Catherine, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship, Geography, and American Economic Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107402539.
- Acs,Zoltan J. & Armington,Catherine, 2006. "Entrepreneurship, Geography, and American Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521843225.
- Chesbrough, Henry, 2002. "Graceful Exits and Missed Opportunities: Xerox's Management of its Technology Spin-off Organizations," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 76(04), pages 803-837, December.
- Adams, Stephen B., 2003. "Regionalism in Stanford's Contribution to the Rise of Silicon Valley," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 521-543, September.
- Christensen, Clayton M. & Suárez, Fernando F., 1960- & Utterback, James M., 1941-, 1996. "Strategies for survival in fast-changing industries," Working papers #152-96. Working paper (S, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max C. & Lehmann, Erik E., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183511.
- Berlin, Leslie R., 2001. "Robert Noyce and Fairchild Semiconductor, 1957–1968," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 75(01), pages 63-101, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Crescenzi, Riccardo & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2012. "R&D, Socio-Economic Conditions and Regional Innovation in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 9265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2013. "R&D, Socio-Economic Conditions, and Regional Innovation in the U.S," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 287-320, June.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Erkko Autio & László Szerb, 2015.
"National Systems of Entrepreneurship: Measurement issues and policy implications,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 28, pages 523-541
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ács, Zoltán J. & Autio, Erkko & Szerb, László, 2014. "National Systems of Entrepreneurship: Measurement issues and policy implications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 476-494.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9865-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Autio, Erkko & Kenney, Martin & Mustar, Philippe & Siegel, Don & Wright, Mike, 2014. "Entrepreneurial innovation: The importance of context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1097-1108.
- repec:wsi:ijitmx:v:14:y:2017:i:06:n:s0219877017500353 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSilicon Valley Clusters Entrepreneurship;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:3:p:368-379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .