Innovation activities, use of appropriation instruments and absorptive capacity: Evidence from Spanish firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David J. TEECE, 2008.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 5, pages 67-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Profiting from Technological Innovation: Implications for Integration, Collaboration, Licensing and Public Policy," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 2, pages 11-46 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1169-1184, September.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Sirilli, Giorgio & Evangelista, Rinaldo, 1998. "Technological innovation in services and manufacturing: results from Italian surveys," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 881-899, December.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 2002.
"Measuring knowledge spillovers in manufacturing and services: an empirical assessment of alternative approaches,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Kaiser, Ulrich, 1999. "Measuring Knowledge Spillovers in Manufacturing and Services: An Empirical Assessment of Alternative Approaches," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-62, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1994. "Evaluating technological information and utilizing it : Scientific knowledge, technological capability, and external linkages in biotechnology," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 91-114, June.
- Edwin Mansfield, 1986. "Patents and Innovation: An Empirical Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 173-181, February.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2000. "External technology sources: Embodied or disembodied technology acquisition," Economics Working Papers 444, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Thomas Hatzichronoglou, 1997. "Revision of the High-Technology Sector and Product Classification," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1997/2, OECD Publishing.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297-297.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Block, Jörn H. & Fisch, Christian O. & Hahn, Alexander & Sandner, Philipp G., 2015. "Why do SMEs file trademarks? Insights from firms in innovative industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1915-1930.
- Gombau, Verònica & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 2011. "The Innovation and Imitation Dichotomy in Spanish firms: do absorptive capacity and the technological frontier matter?," Working Papers 2072/179666, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Estrada, Isabel & de la Fuente, Gabriel & Martín-Cruz, Natalia, 2010. "Technological joint venture formation under the real options approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1185-1197, November.
- Bittencourt, Pablo Felipe & Giglio, Ricardo, 2013. "An empirical analysis of technology absorption capacity of the Brazilian industry," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Agustí Segarra, 2011. "R&D cooperation between Spanish firms and scientific partners: what is the role of tertiary education?," Working Papers XREAP2011-17, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2011.
- Ferreras-MÃ©ndez, JosÃ© Luis & FernÃ¡ndez-Mesa, Anabel & Alegre, JoaquÃn, 2016. "The relationship between knowledge search strategies and absorptive capacity: A deeper look," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 48-61.
- Flikkema, M.J. & Man, A.P. de & Wolters, M.J.J., 2010. "New trademark registration as an indicator of innovation: results of an explorative study of Benelux trademark data," Serie Research Memoranda 0009, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- López Iturriaga, Félix & Martin Cruz, Natalia, 2008. "Antecedents of corporate spin-offs in Spain: A resource-based approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1047-1056, July.
- Spithoven, André & Teirlinck, Peter, 2015. "Internal capabilities, network resources and appropriation mechanisms as determinants of R&D outsourcing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 711-725.
- Silvia Vicente-Oliva & Ángel Martínez-Sánchez & Luis Berges-Muro, 2016. "Enhancing The Outcomes In R&D Collaborative Projects: An Empirical Analysis Of The Middle Ebro Valley In Spain," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(07), pages 1-34, October.
- Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 2011. "R&D cooperation between Spanish firms and scientific partners: what is the role of tertiary education?," Working Papers 2072/179621, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Gombau, Verònica & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 2011. "Innovation and absorptive capacity: What is the role of technological frontier?," Working Papers 2072/179622, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Kostopoulos, Konstantinos & Papalexandris, Alexandros & Papachroni, Margarita & Ioannou, George, 2011. "Absorptive capacity, innovation, and financial performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1335-1343.
- Segarra-Blasco, Agusti & Arauzo-Carod, Josep-Maria, 2008. "Sources of innovation and industry-university interaction: Evidence from Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1283-1295, September.
- HanGyeol Seo & Yanghon Chung & Chungwon Woo & Dongphil Chun & Soojeen Sarah Jang, 2016. "SME’s Appropriability Regime for Sustainable Development-the Role of Absorptive Capacity and Inventive Capacity," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-16, July.
- Camisón, César & Forés, Beatriz, 2010. "Knowledge absorptive capacity: New insights for its conceptualization and measurement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 707-715, July.
- José Albors-Garrigos & José L. Hervas-Oliver, 2011. "Making sense of innovation by R&D and non-R&D innovators in low technology contexts: a forgotten lesson for policymakers," Working Papers. Serie EC 2011-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Effelsberg, Martin, 2011. "Wissenstransfer in Innovationskooperationen: Ergebnisse einer Literaturstudie zur "Absorptive Capacity"," Arbeitspapiere 107, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Carbonara , Nunzia & Tavassoli, Sam, 2013.
"The Role of Knowledge Heterogeneity on the Innovative Capability of Industrial Districts,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2013/35, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Carbonara, Nunzia & Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "The Role of Knowledge Heterogeneity on the Innovative Capability of Industrial Districts," Working Papers 2012/10, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Hammady Ahmed DINE RABEH, 2013. "Firm Resources’ Entanglement Determines ITS Absorptive Capacity: A Review Towards A New Reconceptualization," Working Papers 270, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Verònica Gombau & Agustí Segarra, 2011. "The Innovation and Imitation Dichotomy in Spanish firms: do absorptive capacity and the technological frontier matter?," Working Papers XREAP2011-22, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2011.
- Bertha Jimenez & Bojan Angelov & Bharat Rao, 2012. "Service Absorptive Capacity: Its Evolution and Implications for Innovation," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 3(2), pages 142-163, June.
- Mate-Sanchez-Val, Mariluz & Harris, Richard, 2014. "Differential empirical innovation factors for Spain and the UK," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 451-463.
- Olfa KAMMOUN & Mohieddine RAHMOUNI, 2013. "Intellectual Property Rights, Appropriation Instruments and Innovation Activities: Evidence from Tunisian Firms," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-01, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Mercedes Teruel & AgustÃ Segarra, 2011. "Productivity and R&D sources in manufacturing and service firms in Catalonia: a regional approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1860, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:36:y:2007:i:10:p:1545-1558. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.