Does being R&D intensive still discourage outsourcing?: Evidence from Dutch manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert M. Grant, 1996. "Prospering in Dynamically-Competitive Environments: Organizational Capability as Knowledge Integration," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 375-387, August.
- Wynstra, Finn & van Weele, Arjan & Weggemann, Mathieu, 2001. "Managing supplier involvement in product development:: Three critical issues," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 157-167, April.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1992. "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities, and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Akbar Zaheer & Bill McEvily & Vincenzo Perrone, 1998. "Does Trust Matter? Exploring the Effects of Interorganizational and Interpersonal Trust on Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 141-159, April.
- Kinder, Tony, 2003. "Go with the flow--a conceptual framework for supply relations in the era of the extended enterprise," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 503-523, March.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1997. "Opportunities, Incentives and the Collective Patterns of Technological Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1530-1547, September.
- Tarun Khanna & Krishna Palepu, 2000. "Is Group Affiliation Profitable in Emerging Markets? An Analysis of Diversified Indian Business Groups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 867-891, April.
- Kirk Monteverde, 1995. "Technical Dialog as an Incentive for Vertical Integration in the Semiconductor Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(10), pages 1624-1638, October.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:30:y:1996:i:4:p:1212-1216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Competition and Outsourcing with Scale Economies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1314-1333, October.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Garrone, Paola, 1996. "Technological cooperative agreements and firm's R & D intensity. A note on causality relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 923-932, September.
- Patel, Pari & Pavitt, Keith, 1997. "The technological competencies of the world's largest firms: Complex and path-dependent, but not much variety," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 141-156, May.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1987. "Informational Asymmetries, Strategic Behavior, and Industrial Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 184-193, May.
- Langlois, Richard N. & Robertson, Paul L., 1992. "Networks and innovation in a modular system: Lessons from the microcomputer and stereo component industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 297-313, August.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185-185.
- Cantwell, John & Santangelo, Grazia D., 1999. "The frontier of international technology networks: sourcing abroad the most highly tacit capabilities," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 101-123, March.
- Mol, Michael J. & Pauwels, Pieter & Matthyssens, Paul & Quintens, Lieven, 2004. "A technological contingency perspective on the depth and scope of international outsourcing," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 287-305.
- Frédéric Dalsace & Michael Leiblein & Jeffrey Reuer, 2002. "Do make or buy decisions matter? The influence of organizational governance on technological performance," Post-Print hal-00457649, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuel Artis & Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2006.
"Job losses, outsourcing and relocation, empirical evidence using microdata,"
IREA Working Papers
200601, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Artís, Manuel & Ramos, Raul & Surinach, Jordi, 2007. "Job Losses, Outsourcing and Relocation: Empirical Evidence Using Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 2978, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manuel Artís & Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2006. "Job losses, outsourcing and relocation: Empirical evidence using microdata," Working Papers CREAP2006-05, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2006.
- Luigi Benfratello & Tiziano Razzolini & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2009.
"Does ICT Investment Spur or Hamper Offshoring? Empirical Evidence from Microdata,"
05, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Benfratello, Luigi & Razzolini, Tiziano & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2015. "Does ICT Investment Spur or Hamper Offshoring? Empirical Evidence from Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 9239, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luigi Benfratello & Tiziano Razzolini & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2009. "Does ICT Investment Spur or Hamper Offshoring? Empirical Evidence from Microdata," Development Working Papers 276, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- repec:pab:wpbsad:16.01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laura Barbieri & Daniela Bragoli & Flavia Cortelezzi & Giovanni Marseguerra, 2015. "Public Support to Innovation Strategies," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1509, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Back, Yujin & Praveen Parboteeah, K. & Nam, Dae-il, 2014. "Innovation in Emerging Markets: The Role of Management Consulting Firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 390-405.
- Martin Woerter, 2011.
"Driving forces for research and development strategies: an empirical analysis based on firm-level panel data,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(7), pages 611-636, March.
- Martin Woerter, 2007. "Driving Forces for Research and Development Strategies: An Empirical Analysis Based on Firm-level Panel Data," KOF Working papers 07-184, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Julien Gooris & Carine Peeters, 2014. "Fragmenting global business processes: A protection for proprietary information," Working Papers 2014-12, CEPII research center.
- Cátia Pinheiro & Paula Sarmento, 2013. "R&D offshore insourcing in Portugal: drivers and motivations," FEP Working Papers 501, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Spithoven, André & Teirlinck, Peter, 2015. "Internal capabilities, network resources and appropriation mechanisms as determinants of R&D outsourcing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 711-725.
- Zhang, Jing & Baden-Fuller, Charles & Mangematin, Vincent, 2007.
"Technological knowledge base, R&D organization structure and alliance formation: Evidence from the biopharmaceutical industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 515-528, May.
- Jing Zhang & Charles Baden-Fuller & Vincent Mangematin, 2007. "Technological Knowledge Base, R&D Organization Structure and Alliance Formation: Evidence from the Biopharmaceutical Industry," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424512, HAL.
- Olivier Bertrand & Michael J. Mol, 2013. "The antecedents and innovation effects of domestic and offshore R&D outsourcing: The contingent impact of cognitive distance and absorptive capacity," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(6), pages 751-760, June.
- Roper, Stephen & Arvanitis, Spyros, 2012. "From knowledge to added value: A comparative, panel-data analysis of the innovation value chain in Irish and Swiss manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1093-1106.
- Martínez-Noya, Andrea & García-Canal, Esteban, 2011. "Technological capabilities and the decision to outsource/outsource offshore R&D services," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 264-277, June.
- Mohammad Saleh Farazi & Ana Pérez-Luño & Shanthi Gopalakrishnan, 2016. "How Can Knowledge Structuration Serve Strategic Goals? A Theory For Technology Firms," Working Papers 16.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Organization and Marketing (former Department of Business Administration), revised Jun 2016.
- Hashai, Niron & Almor, Tamar, 2008. "R&D intensity, value appropriation and integration patterns within organizational boundaries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1022-1034, July.
- Jing Zhang & Charles Baden-Fuller, 2010. "The Influence of Technological Knowledge Base and Organizational Structure on Technology Collaboration," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 679-704, June.
- Garcia Martinez, Marian & Zouaghi, Ferdaous & Sanchez Garcia, Mercedes, 2017. "Capturing value from alliance portfolio diversity: The mediating role of R&D human capital in high and low tech industries," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 55-67.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:34:y:2005:i:4:p:571-582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.