A technological contingency perspective on the depth and scope of international outsourcing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonidas C Leonidou & Constatine S Katsikeas, 1996. "The Export Development Process: An Integrative Review of Empirical Models," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(3), pages 517-551, September.
- Andersen, Otto & Buvik, Arnt, 2001. "Inter-firm co-ordination: international versus domestic buyer-seller relationships," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 207-219, April.
- Daniel Sullivan, 1994. "Measuring the Degree of Internationalization of a Firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(2), pages 325-342, June.
- Mol, M.J. & van Tulder, R.J.M. & Beije, P.R., 2002. "Global Sourcing," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-55-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Peter J Buckley, 2002. "Is the International Business Research Agenda Running Out of Steam?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(2), pages 365-373, June.
- Daniel Sullivan, 1996. "Measuring the Degree of Internationalization of a firm: A Reply," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(1), pages 179-192, March.
- Bryce, David J. & Useem, Michael, 1998. "The impact of corporate outsourcing on company value," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 635-643, December.
- Paul M Swamidass & Masaaki Kotabe, 1993. "Component Sourcing Strategies of Multinationals: An Empirical Study of European and Japanese Multinationals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(1), pages 81-99, March.
- John Hagedoorn & Rajneesh Narula, 1996. "Choosing Organizational Modes of Strategic Technology Partnering: International and Sectoral Differences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(2), pages 265-284, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grote, Michael H. & Täube, Florian A., 2007.
"When outsourcing is not an option: International relocation of investment bank research -- Or isn't it?,"
Journal of International Management,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-77, March.
- Michael H. Grote & Florian Taübe, 2007. "When outsourcing is not an option: International relocation of investment bank research - Or isn't it?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206769, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Roberto Antonietti, 2016.
"From outsourcing to productivity, passing through training: microeconometric evidence from Italy,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 407-425, July.
- Roberto Antonietti, 2014. "From Outsourcing to Productivity, Passing Through Training: Microeconometric Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2014.12, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:eee:intman:v:24:y:2018:i:1:p:65-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hätönen, Jussi & Eriksson, Taina, 2009. "30+Â years of research and practice of outsourcing - Exploring the past and anticipating the future," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 142-155, June.
- repec:spr:manint:v:55:y:2015:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0233-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kedia, Ben L. & Mukherjee, Debmalya, 2009. "Understanding offshoring: A research framework based on disintegration, location and externalization advantages," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 250-261, July.
- Mol, Michael J., 2005. "Does being R&D intensive still discourage outsourcing?: Evidence from Dutch manufacturing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 571-582, May.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2519-:d:158640 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Thorsten, 2010. "Innovation and the International Firm Structure: Theory and Evidence from German Firm-Level Data," Discussion Papers in Economics 11464, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Valle, Sandra & García, Francisco & Avella, Lucía, 2015. "Offshoring Intermediate Manufacturing: Boost or Hindrance to Firm Innovation?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 117-134.
- Swan, K. Scott & Allred, Brent B., 2009. "Does 'the China Option' influence subsidiary technology sourcing strategy?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 169-180, June.
- Martinez-Noya, Andrea & Garcia-Canal, Esteban & Guillen, Mauro F., 2012. "International R&D service outsourcing by technology-intensive firms: Whether and where?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 18-37.
- Joe Miemczyk & Thomas Johnsen & Katri Karjalainen & Asta Salmi & Federico Caniato, 2011. "Global sourcing: Linking category characteristics to the geographical scope of sourcing," Post-Print hal-00763047, HAL.
- Lars Bengtsson & Mandar Dabhilkar, 2009. "Manufacturing outsourcing and its effect on plant performance—lessons for KIBS outsourcing," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 231-257, April.
- Chang, Kuo-Hsiung & Gotcher, Donald F., 2007. "Safeguarding investments and creation of transaction value in asymmetric international subcontracting relationships: The role of relationship learning and relational capital," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 477-488, December.
- Martinez-Noya, Andrea & Narula, Rajneesh, 2018. "What more can we learn from R&D alliances? : A review and research agenda," MERIT Working Papers 022, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Kedia, Ben L. & Lahiri, Somnath, 2007. "International outsourcing of services: A partnership model," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 22-37, March.
- Karjalainen, Katri & Salmi, Asta, 2013. "Continental differences in purchasing strategies and tools," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 112-125.
- Schmeisser, Bjoern, 2013. "A Systematic Review of Literature on Offshoring of Value Chain Activities," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 390-406.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational outsourcing Technological contingency International expansion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:10:y:2004:i:2:p:287-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.