The obsession for competitiveness and its impact on statistics: the construction of high-technology indicators
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Lowinger, Thomas C, 1975. "The Technology Factor and the Export Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(2), pages 221-236, June.
- Baldwin, John R. & Gellatly, Guy, 1998. "Are There High-tech Industries or Only High-tech Firms? Evidence from New Technology-based Firms," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1998120e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- George Papaconstantinou & Norihisa Sakurai & Andrew Wyckoff, 1996. "Embodied Technology Diffusion: An Empirical Analysis for 10 OECD Countries," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1996/1, OECD Publishing.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 355-374, June.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Soete, Luc, 1987. "The impact of technological innovation on international trade patterns: The evidence reconsidered," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 101-130, August.
- Felsenstein, Daniel & Bar-El, Raphael, 1989. "Measuring the technological intensity of the industrial sector: A methodological and empirical approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 239-252, August.
- Robert H Mcguckin & Thomas A Abbott Iii & Paul E Herrick & Leroy Norfolk, 1989. "Measuring The Trade Balance In Advanced Technology Products," Working Papers 89-1, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Palda, Kristian S., 1986. "Technological intensity: Concept and measurement," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 187-198, August.
- Thomas Hatzichronoglou, 1996. "Globalisation and Competitiveness: Relevant Indicators," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1996/5, OECD Publishing.
- Godin, Benoit, 2004. "The New Economy: what the concept owes to the OECD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 679-690, July.
- M. V. Posner, 1961. "International Trade And Technical Change," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 323-341.
- William H. Branson & Helen B. Junz, 1971. "Trends in U.S. Trade and Comparative Advantage," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 285-346.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203-1203, December.
- Grupp, Hariolf, 1995. "Science, High Technology and the Competitiveness of EU Countries," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 209-223, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Consoli, Davide & Rentocchini, Francesco, 2015. "A taxonomy of multi-industry labour force skills," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 1116-1132.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:22:y:2011:i:6:p:550-566 is not listed on IDEAS
- Havas, Attila, 2010. "Diversity in firms’ innovation strategies and activities: Main findings of interviews and implications in the context of the Hungarian national," MPRA Paper 55852, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- von Wissel, Carsten, 2012. "Wissenschaftliche Kreativität," Arbeitspapiere 251, Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Düsseldorf.
- Godin, Benoit, 2007. "Science, accounting and statistics: The input-output framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1388-1403, November.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:59289 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2017.
"The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 30-42.
- Janger, Jürgen & Schubert, Torben & Andries, Petra & Rammer, Christian & Hoskens, Machteld, 2016. "The EU 2020 innovation indicator: A step forward in measuring innovation outputs and outcomes?," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-072, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jürgen Janger & Torben Schubert & Petra Andries & Christian Rammer & Machteld Hoskens, 2016. "The EU 2020 Innovation Indicator. A Step Forward in Measuring Innovation Outputs and Outcomes?," WIFO Working Papers 529, WIFO.
- Ewa Balcerowicz & Marek Peczkowski & Anna Wziatek-Kubiak, 2009. "The Innovation Patterns of Firms in Low and High Technology Manufacturing Sectors in the New Member States," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0390, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Heidenreich, Martin, 2009. "Innovation patterns and location of European low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 483-494, April.
- Fabian Muniesa & Dominique Linhardt, 2009.
"At stake with implementation: trials of explicitness in the description of the state,"
- Fabian Muniesa & Dominique Linhardt, 2009. "At stake with implementation: trials of explicitness in the description of the state," CSI Working Papers Series 015, Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech.
- Tödtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela & Lengauer, Lukas, 2008.
"Towards regional knowledge economics. Routes and policy options,"
266, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Franz Tödtling & Michaela Trippl & Lukas Lengauer, 2008. "Towards Regional Knowledge Economies: Routes and Policy Options," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2008_05, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Andrew Sharpe & Olivier Guibaud, 2005. "Indicators of Innovation in Canadian Natural Resource Industries," CSLS Research Reports 2005-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Dina Cunha & Sandra T. Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "Are Academic Spin-Offs necessarily New Technology-Based firms?," FEP Working Papers 482, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:59290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baiba ŠAVRI?A & Santa SPRO?E-RIMŠA, 2014. "Role Of Science In Enhancing National Competitiveness: Case Of Latvia," Proceedings of the INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 8(1), pages 564-576, November.
- Mata, José & Portugal, Pedro, 2015. "The termination of international joint ventures: Closure and acquisition by domestic and foreign partners," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 677-689.
- Kantola, Anu & Seeck, Hannele, 2011. "Dissemination of management into politics: Michael Porter and the political uses of management consulting," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 49805, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:33:y:2004:i:8:p:1217-1229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.