Hardware gimmick or cultural innovation? Technological, cultural, and social foundations of the Japanese video game industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Alan Bryman, 1997. "Animating the Pioneer versus Late Entrant Debate: An Historic Case Study," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 415-438, May.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, June.
- M S Gertler & S DiGiovanna, 1997. "In Search of the New Social Economy: Collaborative Relations between Users and Producers of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(9), pages 1585-1602, September.
- M S Gertler & S DiGiovanna, 1997. "In search of the new social economy: collaborative relations between users and producers of advanced manufacturing technologies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(9), pages 1585-1602, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björn Remneland Wikhamn & Alexander Styhre & Jan Ljungberg & Anna Maria Szczepanska, 2016. "Exploration Vs. Exploitation And How Video Game Developers Are Able To Combine The Two," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(06), pages 1-20, August.
- Storz, Cornelia, 2008. "Dynamics in innovation systems: Evidence from Japan's game software industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1480-1491, October.
- Chee Yew Wong & Ruihong Gao, 2008. "Creative Industry in UK, Japan and China: A supply chain management perspective," Discussion Papers 2008-01, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Maruyama, Masayoshi & Flath, David & Minamikawa, Kazumitsu & Ohkita, Kenichi & Zennyo, Yusuke, 2015. "Platform selection by software developers: Theory and evidence," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 282-303.
- Peeters, T.J.G., 2013. "External knowledge search and use in new product development," Other publications TiSEM 300ebb34-b090-4210-b95e-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Yuko Aoyama & Hiro Izushi, 2013. "Innovation, industry evolution and cross-sectoral skill transfer in the video game industry: a three-country study," Chapters,in: Handbook of Industry Studies and Economic Geography, chapter 5, pages 152-170 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:1:p:93-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrik Ström & Evelina Wahlqvist, 2010. "Regional And Firm Competitiveness In The Service-Based Economy: Combining Economic Geography And International Business Theory," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 101(3), pages 287-304, July.
- Chahira Mehouachi & Véronique Perret, 2013. "Governance work in inter-organizational networks: driving processes and structures," Post-Print halshs-00844182, HAL.
- Storz, Cornelia & Riboldazzi, Federico & John, Moritz, 2015. "Mobility and innovation: A cross-country comparison in the video games industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 121-137.
- Haefliger, Stefan & Jäger, Peter & von Krogh, Georg, 2010. "Under the radar: Industry entry by user entrepreneurs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1198-1213, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:32:y:2003:i:3:p:423-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .