Industrial research as a source of important patents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Masaaki Kotabe, 1992. "A Comparative Study of U.S. and Japanese Patent Systems," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(1), pages 147-168, March.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Soete, Luc, 1987. "The impact of technological innovation on international trade patterns: The evidence reconsidered," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 101-130, August.
- John Bound & Clint Cummins & Zvi Griliches & Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe, 1984. "Who Does R&D and Who Patents?," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 21-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotabe, Masaaki & Cox III, Eli P., 1993. "Assessment of shifting global competitiveness: Patent applications and grants in four major trading countries," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 57-64.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297-297.
- Basberg, Bjorn L., 1987. "Patents and the measurement of technological change: A survey of the literature," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 131-141, August.
- Albert, M. B. & Avery, D. & Narin, F. & McAllister, P., 1991. "Direct validation of citation counts as indicators of industrially important patents," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 251-259, June.
- Ariel Pakes & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Patents and R&D at the Firm Level: A First Look," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 55-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scherer, F. M., 1983. "The propensity to patent," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-128, March.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1991. "What makes basic research economically useful?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-119, April.
- Basberg, Bjorn L., 1983. "Foreign patenting in the U.S. as a technology indicator : The case of Norway," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 227-237, August.
- Richard C. Levin & Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1987. "Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(3, Specia), pages 783-832.
- Narin, Francis & Noma, Elliot & Perry, Ross, 1987. "Patents as indicators of corporate technological strength," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 143-155, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burak Dindaroglu, 2011. "R&D Productivity and Firm Size in Semiconductors and Pharmaceuticals: Evidence from Citation Yields," Working Papers 1101, Izmir University of Economics.
- de Rassenfosse, Gaétan, 2013.
"Do firms face a trade-off between the quantity and the quality of their inventions?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 1072-1079.
- Gaétan de Rassenfosse, 2013. "Do Firms Face a Trade-Off between the Quantity and the Quality of Their Inventions?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n06, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- de Rassenfosse, Gaétan & Schoen, Anja & Wastyn, Annelies, 2014.
"Selection bias in innovation studies: A simple test,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 287-299.
- De Rassenfosse, Gaétan & Wastyn, Annelies, 2012. "Selection bias in innovation studies: A simple test," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gaétan de Rassenfosse & Anja Schoen & Annelies Wastyn, 2013. "Selection Bias in Innovation Studies. A Simple Test," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n08, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Myriam Mariani & Marzia Romanelli, 2006. ""Stacking" or "Picking" Patents? The Inventors' Choice Between Quantity and Quality," LEM Papers Series 2006/06, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Lim, Kwanghui, 2004. "The relationship between research and innovation in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries (1981-1997)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 287-321, March.
- Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2007. "Does Patenting negatively impact on R&D investment?An international panel data assessment," FEP Working Papers 255, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Tsang, Eric W.K. & Yip, Paul S.L. & Toh, Mun Heng, 2008. "The impact of R&D on value added for domestic and foreign firms in a newly industrialized economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 423-441, August.
- Wiesenthal, Tobias & Leduc, Guillaume & Haegeman, Karel & Schwarz, Hans-Günther, 2012. "Bottom-up estimation of industrial and public R&D investment by technology in support of policy-making: The case of selected low-carbon energy technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 116-131.
- Francesco Pasimeni & Alessandro Fiorini & Aliki Georgakaki, 2018. "Patent-based Estimation Procedure of Private R&D: The Case of Climate Change and Mitigation Technologies in Europe," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-06, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Mariani, Myriam & Romanelli, Marzia, 2007. ""Stacking" and "picking" inventions: The patenting behavior of European inventors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1128-1142, October.
- repec:spr:scient:v:47:y:2000:i:1:d:10.1023_a:1005669810018 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:27:y:1998:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .