Feasibility analysis of implementing anaerobic digestion as a potential energy source in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Halder, P.K. & Paul, N. & Beg, M.R.A., 2014. "Assessment of biomass energy resources and related technologies practice in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 444-460.
- Maghanaki, M. Mohammadi & Ghobadian, B. & Najafi, G. & Galogah, R. Janzadeh, 2013. "Potential of biogas production in Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 702-714.
- Poeschl, Martina & Ward, Shane & Owende, Philip, 2010. "Prospects for expanded utilization of biogas in Germany," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 1782-1797, September.
- Serra, Luis M. & Lozano, Miguel-Angel & Ramos, Jose & Ensinas, Adriano V. & Nebra, Silvia A., 2009. "Polygeneration and efficient use of natural resources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 575-586.
- Themelis, Nickolas J. & Ulloa, Priscilla A., 2007. "Methane generation in landfills," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1243-1257.
- Kothari, Richa & Tyagi, V.V. & Pathak, Ashish, 2010. "Waste-to-energy: A way from renewable energy sources to sustainable development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3164-3170, December.
- Rubio-Maya, Carlos & Uche-Marcuello, Javier & Martínez-Gracia, Amaya & Bayod-Rújula, Angel A., 2011. "Design optimization of a polygeneration plant fuelled by natural gas and renewable energy sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 449-457, February.
- Halder, P.K. & Paul, N. & Joardder, M.U.H. & Sarker, M., 2015. "Energy scarcity and potential of renewable energy in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1636-1649.
- Ali, Ghaffar & Nitivattananon, Vilas & Abbas, Sawaid & Sabir, Muazzam, 2012. "Green waste to biogas: Renewable energy possibilities for Thailand's green markets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5423-5429.
- Rao, P. Venkateswara & Baral, Saroj S. & Dey, Ranjan & Mutnuri, Srikanth, 2010. "Biogas generation potential by anaerobic digestion for sustainable energy development in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2086-2094, September.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong & He, Guizhen & Bluemling, Bettina & Beckers, Theo A.M., 2013. "Sustainability effects of household-scale biogas in rural China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 273-287.
- Rao, M. S. & Singh, S. P. & Singh, A. K. & Sodha, M. S., 2000. "Bioenergy conversion studies of the organic fraction of MSW: assessment of ultimate bioenergy production potential of municipal garbage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 75-87, May.
- Abdeshahian, Peyman & Lim, Jeng Shiun & Ho, Wai Shin & Hashim, Haslenda & Lee, Chew Tin, 2016. "Potential of biogas production from farm animal waste in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 714-723.
- Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Gordon, Robert & Brown, Bettina B., 2009. "Nonmarket cobenefits and economic feasibility of on-farm biogas energy production," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1170-1179, March.
- Piwowar, Arkadiusz & Dzikuć, Maciej & Adamczyk, Janusz, 2016. "Agricultural biogas plants in Poland – selected technological, market and environmental aspects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 69-74.
- Jingura, Raphael M. & Matengaifa, Rutendo, 2009. "Optimization of biogas production by anaerobic digestion for sustainable energy development in Zimbabwe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 1116-1120, June.
- Bhattacharya, S.C & Arul Joe, M & Kandhekar, Zahed & Abdul Salam, P & Shrestha, R.M, 1999. "Greenhouse-gas emission mitigation from the use of agricultural residues: the case of ricehusk," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 43-59.
- Biswas, Wahidul K. & Lucas, N.J.D., 1997. "Economic viability of biogas technology in a Bangladesh village," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 763-770.
- K Hossain, A & Badr, O, 2007. "Prospects of renewable energy utilisation for electricity generation in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1617-1649, October.
- Garfí, Marianna & Martí-Herrero, Jaime & Garwood, Anna & Ferrer, Ivet, 2016. "Household anaerobic digesters for biogas production in Latin America: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 599-614.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Ershadul Karim & Ridoan Karim & Md. Toriqul Islam & Firdaus Muhammad-Sukki & Nurul Aini Bani & Mohd Nabil Muhtazaruddin, 2019. "Renewable Energy for Sustainable Growth and Development: An Evaluation of Law and Policy of Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-30, October.
- Das, Barun K. & Hoque, Najmul & Mandal, Soumya & Pal, Tapas Kumar & Raihan, Md Abu, 2017. "A techno-economic feasibility of a stand-alone hybrid power generation for remote area application in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 775-788.
- Dehkordi, Seyed Mohammad Mehdi Noorbakhsh & Jahromi, Ahmad Reza Taghipour & Ferdowsi, Ali & Shumal, Mohammad & Dehnavi, Ali, 2020. "Investigation of biogas production potential from mechanical separated municipal solid waste as an approach for developing countries (case study: Isfahan-Iran)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Rajaeifar, Mohammad Ali & Sadeghzadeh Hemayati, Saeed & Tabatabaei, Meisam & Aghbashlo, Mortaza & Mahmoudi, Seyed Bagher, 2019. "A review on beet sugar industry with a focus on implementation of waste-to-energy strategy for power supply," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 423-442.
- Rajaeifar, Mohammad Ali & Ghanavati, Hossein & Dashti, Behrouz B. & Heijungs, Reinout & Aghbashlo, Mortaza & Tabatabaei, Meisam, 2017. "Electricity generation and GHG emission reduction potentials through different municipal solid waste management technologies: A comparative review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 414-439.
- Mainali, Brijesh & Emran, Saad Been & Silveira, Semida, 2017. "Greenhouse gas mitigation using poultry litter management techniques in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 155-166.
More about this item
KeywordsBiogas; Biogas plant; Feasibility; Environment; Bangladesh;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:65:y:2016:i:c:p:124-134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.