Technical overview of compressed natural gas (CNG) as a transportation fuel
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Jimin & Melaina, Marc W., 2006. "Transition to hydrogen-based transportation in China: Lessons learned from alternative fuel vehicle programs in the United States and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1299-1309, July.
- Sangeeta, & Moka, Sudheshna & Pande, Maneesha & Rani, Monika & Gakhar, Ruchi & Sharma, Madhur & Rani, Jyoti & Bhaskarwar, Ashok N., 2014. "Alternative fuels: An overview of current trends and scope for future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 697-712.
- Wang, Y.F. & Li, K.P. & Xu, X.M. & Zhang, Y.R., 2014. "Transport energy consumption and saving in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 641-655.
- Kakaee, Amir-Hasan & Paykani, Amin & Ghajar, Mostafa, 2014. "The influence of fuel composition on the combustion and emission characteristics of natural gas fueled engines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 64-78.
- Streimikiene, Dalia & Baležentis, Tomas & Baležentienė, Ligita, 2013. "Comparative assessment of road transport technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 611-618.
- Alagumalai, Avinash, 2014. "Internal combustion engines: Progress and prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 561-571.
- Dondero, Luz & Goldemberg, Jose, 2005. "Environmental implications of converting light gas vehicles: the Brazilian experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1703-1708, September.
- Rose, Lars & Hussain, Mohammed & Ahmed, Syed & Malek, Kourosh & Costanzo, Robert & Kjeang, Erik, 2013. "A comparative life cycle assessment of diesel and compressed natural gas powered refuse collection vehicles in a Canadian city," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 453-461.
- Kakaee, Amir-Hasan & Paykani, Amin, 2013. "Research and development of natural-gas fueled engines in Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 805-821.
- Salvi, B.L. & Subramanian, K.A. & Panwar, N.L., 2013. "Alternative fuels for transportation vehicles: A technical review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 404-419.
- Seo, Youngguk & Kim, Seong-Min, 2013. "Estimation of greenhouse gas emissions from road traffic: A case study in Korea," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 777-787.
- Xunmin Ou & Xiliang Zhang & Xu Zhang & Qian Zhang, 2013. "Life Cycle GHG of NG-Based Fuel and Electric Vehicle in China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(5), pages 1-19, May.
- Flynn, Peter C., 2002. "Commercializing an alternate vehicle fuel: lessons learned from natural gas for vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 613-619, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brito, Thiago Luis Felipe & Moutinho dos Santos, Edmilson & Galbieri, Rodrigo & Costa, Hirdan Katarina de Medeiros, 2017. "Qualitative Comparative Analysis of cities that introduced compressed natural gas to their urban bus fleet," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 502-508.
- Sharafian, Amir & Talebian, Hoda & Blomerus, Paul & Herrera, Omar & Mérida, Walter, 2017. "A review of liquefied natural gas refueling station designs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 503-513.
- Li, Shunxi & Su, Bowen & St-Pierre, David L. & Sui, Pang-Chieh & Zhang, Guofang & Xiao, Jinsheng, 2017. "Decision-making of compressed natural gas station siting for public transportation: Integration of multi-objective optimization, fuzzy evaluating, and radar charting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(P1), pages 11-17.
- Vladimír Hönig & Petr Prochazka & Michal Obergruber & Luboš Smutka & Viera Kučerová, 2019. "Economic and Technological Analysis of Commercial LNG Production in the EU," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-17, April.
- Ullah, Kafait & Hamid, Salman & Mirza, Faisal Mehmood & Shakoor, Usman, 2018. "Prioritizing the gaseous alternatives for the road transport sector of Pakistan: A multi criteria decision making analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(PB), pages 1072-1084.
- Dessouky, Maged M & Shao, Yihuan E, 2017. "Routing Strategies for Efficient Deployment of Alternative Fuel Vehicles for Freight Delivery," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt0nj024qn, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Duan, Xiongbo & Liu, Jingping & Yao, Jun & Chen, Zheng & Wu, Cheng & Chen, Ceyuan & Dong, Hao, 2018. "Performance, combustion and knock assessment of a high compression ratio and lean-burn heavy-duty spark-ignition engine fuelled with n-butane and liquefied methane gas blend," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 256-268.
- Girma T. Chala & Abd Rashid Abd Aziz & Ftwi Y. Hagos, 2018. "Natural Gas Engine Technologies: Challenges and Energy Sustainability Issue," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-44, October.
- Hegab, Abdelrahman & La Rocca, Antonino & Shayler, Paul, 2017. "Towards keeping diesel fuel supply and demand in balance: Dual-fuelling of diesel engines with natural gas," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 666-697.
- Khan, Muhammad Imran & Yasmeen, Tabassam & Khan, Muhammad Ijaz & Farooq, Muhammad & Wakeel, Muhammad, 2016. "Research progress in the development of natural gas as fuel for road vehicles: A bibliographic review (1991–2016)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 702-741.
- Szymon Kuczyński & Krystian Liszka & Mariusz Łaciak & Andrzej Olijnyk & Adam Szurlej, 2019. "Experimental Investigations and Operational Performance Analysis on Compressed Natural Gas Home Refueling System (CNG-HRS)," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-15, November.
- Yang, Fubin & Cho, Heejin & Zhang, Hongguang & Zhang, Jian, 2017. "Thermoeconomic multi-objective optimization of a dual loop organic Rankine cycle (ORC) for CNG engine waste heat recovery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 1100-1118.
- Mehra, Roopesh Kumar & Duan, Hao & Juknelevičius, Romualdas & Ma, Fanhua & Li, Junyin, 2017. "Progress in hydrogen enriched compressed natural gas (HCNG) internal combustion engines - A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 1458-1498.
- Giwa, Solomon O. & Nwaokocha, Collins N. & Odufuwa, Bashir O., 2017. "Mitigating gas flare and emission footprints via the implementation of natural gas vehicles in Nigeria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 193-203.
- Chen, Zheng & Zhang, Fan & Xu, Boya & Zhang, Quanchang & Liu, Jingping, 2017. "Influence of methane content on a LNG heavy-duty engine with high compression ratio," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 329-336.
- Khan, Muhammad Imran & Shahrestani, Mehdi & Hayat, Tasawar & Shakoor, Abdul & Vahdati, Maria, 2019. "Life cycle (well-to-wheel) energy and environmental assessment of natural gas as transportation fuel in Pakistan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 1738-1752.
- Anna Pääkkönen & Kalle Aro & Pami Aalto & Jukka Konttinen & Matti Kojo, 2019. "The Potential of Biomethane in Replacing Fossil Fuels in Heavy Transport—A Case Study on Finland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-19, August.
- Song, Hongqing & Ou, Xunmin & Yuan, Jiehui & Yu, Mingxu & Wang, Cheng, 2017. "Energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions of diesel/LNG heavy-duty vehicle fleets in China based on a bottom-up model analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(P1), pages 966-978.
- Hao, Han & Liu, Zongwei & Zhao, Fuquan & Li, Weiqi, 2016. "Natural gas as vehicle fuel in China: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 521-533.
More about this item
KeywordsCNG; Emission; Natural gas; Transportation; Vehicle;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:51:y:2015:i:c:p:785-797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.