Wind power potential assessment of 12 locations in western Himalayan region of India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aggarwal, R.K. & Chandel, S.S., 2010. "Emerging energy scenario in Western Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2545-2551, May.
- Jung, Jaesung & Broadwater, Robert P., 2014. "Current status and future advances for wind speed and power forecasting," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 762-777.
- Mirhosseini, M. & Sharifi, F. & Sedaghat, A., 2011. "Assessing the wind energy potential locations in province of Semnan in Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 449-459, January.
- Keyhani, A. & Ghasemi-Varnamkhasti, M. & Khanali, M. & Abbaszadeh, R., 2010. "An assessment of wind energy potential as a power generation source in the capital of Iran, Tehran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 188-201.
- Đurišić, Željko & Mikulović, Jovan, 2012. "A model for vertical wind speed data extrapolation for improving wind resource assessment using WAsP," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 407-411.
- Mathaba, Tebello & Mpholo, Moeketsi & Letuma, Mosuoe, 2012. "Velocity and power density analysis of the wind at Letšeng-la-terae in Lesotho," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 210-217.
- Foley, Aoife M. & Leahy, Paul G. & Marvuglia, Antonino & McKeogh, Eamon J., 2012. "Current methods and advances in forecasting of wind power generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-8.
- Joselin Herbert, G.M. & Iniyan, S. & Sreevalsan, E. & Rajapandian, S., 2007. "A review of wind energy technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1117-1145, August.
- Chang, Tian Pau, 2011. "Performance comparison of six numerical methods in estimating Weibull parameters for wind energy application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 272-282, January.
- Lashin, Aref & Shata, Ahmed, 2012. "An analysis of wind power potential in Port Said, Egypt," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 6660-6667.
- Carvalho, D. & Rocha, A. & Santos, C. Silva & Pereira, R., 2013. "Wind resource modelling in complex terrain using different mesoscale–microscale coupling techniques," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 493-504.
- Mostafaeipour, Ali, 2010. "Feasibility study of harnessing wind energy for turbine installation in province of Yazd in Iran," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 93-111, January.
- Katinas, Vladislovas & Sankauskas, Donatas & Markevičius, Antanas & Perednis, Eugenijus, 2014. "Investigation of the wind energy characteristics and power generation in Lithuania," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 299-304.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Murthy, K.S.R. & Rahi, O.P., 2016. "Preliminary assessment of wind power potential over the coastal region of Bheemunipatnam in northern Andhra Pradesh, India," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 1137-1145.
- Izadyar, Nima & Ong, Hwai Chyuan & Chong, W.T. & Leong, K.Y., 2016. "Resource assessment of the renewable energy potential for a remote area: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 908-923.
- Baseer, M.A. & Meyer, J.P. & Alam, Md. Mahbub & Rehman, S., 2015. "Wind speed and power characteristics for Jubail industrial city, Saudi Arabia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1193-1204.
- Ramasamy, P. & Chandel, S.S. & Yadav, Amit Kumar, 2015. "Wind speed prediction in the mountainous region of India using an artificial neural network model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 338-347.
- Ayodele, T.R. & Ogunjuyigbe, A.S.O., 2016. "Wind energy potential of Vesleskarvet and the feasibility of meeting the South African׳s SANAE IV energy demand," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 226-234.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:425-433 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, An-Shik & Su, Ying-Ming & Wen, Chih-Yung & Juan, Yu-Hsuan & Wang, Wei-Siang & Cheng, Chiang-Ho, 2016. "Estimation of wind power generation in dense urban area," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 213-230.
- Murthy, K.S.R. & Rahi, O.P., 2017. "A comprehensive review of wind resource assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1320-1342.
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy; Wind energy factor method; Wind power potential; Wind resource assessment; Western Himalayas;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:39:y:2014:i:c:p:530-545. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.