Fuzzy decision support methodology for sustainable energy crop selection
Both strategic and environmental factors make biomass an important energy source and element of sustainable energy policy. The establishment of a reasonable energy crop-mix, indeed, involves various uncertain data. This paper, therefore, offers a multi-criteria decision making framework for prioritization of energy crops based on fuzzy MULTIMOORA method which enables to tackle imprecise information. Given the appropriate energy crop-mix should exhibit both climatic suitability and low environmental pressure, we have defined the indicator set covering respective linguistic and numeric indicators. Accordingly, the set of alternatives were constructed from energy crops suitable for the Lithuanian climate. The fuzzy MULTIMOORA method was employed for data fusion and prioritization. As a result, the prospective species for energy crop-mix were suggested.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2013)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Havlícková, Kamila & Suchý, Jirí, 2010. "Development model for energy crop plantations in the Czech Republic for the years 2008-2030," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 1925-1936, September.
- Roos, Inge & Soosaar, Sulev & Volkova, Anna & Streimikene, Dalia, 2012. "Greenhouse gas emission reduction perspectives in the Baltic States in frames of EU energy and climate policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2133-2146.
- Skoulou, V. & Mariolis, N. & Zanakis, G. & Zabaniotou, A., 2011. "Sustainable management of energy crops for integrated biofuels and green energy production in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1928-1936, May.
- Gurung, Rajendra Kumar & Pa, Chung & Deng, Hugh, 2009. "South Korea Agriculture Policy Review," Economic and Market Information 52051, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- World Bank & Food and Agriculture Organization & International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2009. "Gender in Agriculture Sourcebook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6603, November.
- Dodic, Sinisa N. & Popov, Stevan D. & Dodic, Jelena M. & Rankovic, Jovana A. & Zavargo, Zoltan Z. & Golusin, Mirjana T., 2010. "An overview of biomass energy utilization in Vojvodina," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 550-553, January.
- Cherni, Judith A. & Dyner, Isaac & Henao, Felipe & Jaramillo, Patricia & Smith, Ricardo & Font, Raul Olalde, 2007. "Energy supply for sustainable rural livelihoods. A multi-criteria decision-support system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1493-1504, March.
- Anonymous, 2009. "2009 Annual Agricultural Outlook," Staff Papers 47453, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Streimikiene, Dalia, 2012. "The impact of international GHG trading regimes on penetration of new energy technologies and feasibility to implement EU Energy and Climate Package targets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2172-2177.
- Liang, Gin-Shuh, 1999. "Fuzzy MCDM based on ideal and anti-ideal concepts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 682-691, February.
- Afgan, Naim H. & Carvalho, Maria G., 2002. "Multi-criteria assessment of new and renewable energy power plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 739-755.
- Beccali, M. & Cellura, M. & Mistretta, M., 2003. "Decision-making in energy planning. Application of the Electre method at regional level for the diffusion of renewable energy technology," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 2063-2087.
- Ramanathan, R. & Ganesh, L. S., 1995. "Energy resource allocation incorporating qualitative and quantitative criteria: An integrated model using goal programming and AHP," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 197-218, September.
- Chou, Shuo-Yan & Chang, Yao-Hui & Shen, Chun-Ying, 2008. "A fuzzy simple additive weighting system under group decision-making for facility location selection with objective/subjective attributes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 132-145, August.
- Madlener, Reinhard & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler & Dias, Luis C., 2009. "Assessing the performance of biogas plants with multi-criteria and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(3), pages 1084-1094, September.
- Finco, A. & Bentivoglio, D. & Nijkamp, P., 2011. "Integrated evaluation of biofuel production options in agriculture: An exploration of sustainable policy scenarios," Serie Research Memoranda 0035, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Streimikiene, Dalia & Balezentis, Tomas & Krisciukaitienė, Irena & Balezentis, Alvydas, 2012. "Prioritizing sustainable electricity production technologies: MCDM approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 3302-3311.
- Buchholz, Thomas & Rametsteiner, Ewald & Volk, Timothy A. & Luzadis, Valerie A., 2009. "Multi Criteria Analysis for bioenergy systems assessments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 484-495, February.
- Willem K. M. Brauers, 2012. "Project Management for a Country with Multiple Objectives," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 80-101, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:17:y:2013:i:c:p:83-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.