Aluminum as energy carrier: Feasibility analysis and current technologies overview
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Almeida, Pedro & Silva, Pedro D., 2009. "The peak of oil production--Timings and market recognition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1267-1276, April.
- Hadjipaschalis, Ioannis & Poullikkas, Andreas & Efthimiou, Venizelos, 2009. "Overview of current and future energy storage technologies for electric power applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1513-1522, August.
- Hayashi, Daisuke & Krey, Matthias, 2005. "CO2 emission reduction potential of large-scale energy efficiency measures in heavy industry in China, India, Brazil, Indonesia and South Africa," HWWI Research Papers 4-6, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Hall, Peter J. & Bain, Euan J., 2008. "Energy-storage technologies and electricity generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4352-4355, December.
- Fan, Mei–qiang & Sun, Li–xian & Xu, Fen, 2010. "Experiment assessment of hydrogen production from activated aluminum alloys in portable generator for fuel cell applications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2922-2926.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Al Marchohi, Mohamed, 2010. "Views on peak oil and its relation to climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5572-5581, October.
- Skea, J., 1980. "Electricity supplies for the primary aluminium industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 60-70, March.
- Yanjia, Wang & Chandler, William, 2010. "The Chinese nonferrous metals industry--energy use and CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6475-6484, November.
- Schwarz, Hans-Günter & Briem, Sebastian & Zapp, Petra, 2001. "Future carbon dioxide emissions in the global material flow of primary aluminium," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 775-795.
- Kim, Y.M. & Favrat, D., 2010. "Energy and exergy analysis of a micro-compressed air energy storage and air cycle heating and cooling system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 213-220.
- Hirsch, Robert L., 2008. "Mitigation of maximum world oil production: Shortage scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 881-889, February.
- Huang, Ke-Long & Li, Xiao-gang & Liu, Su-qin & Tan, Ning & Chen, Li-quan, 2008. "Research progress of vanadium redox flow battery for energy storage in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 186-192.
- Bolund, Björn & Bernhoff, Hans & Leijon, Mats, 2007. "Flywheel energy and power storage systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 235-258, February.
- Liu, Liru & Aye, Lu & Lu, Zhongwu & Zhang, Peihong, 2006. "Effect of material flows on energy intensity in process industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1870-1882.
- Aleklett, Kjell & Höök, Mikael & Jakobsson, Kristofer & Lardelli, Michael & Snowden, Simon & Söderbergh, Bengt, 2010. "The Peak of the Oil Age - Analyzing the world oil production Reference Scenario in World Energy Outlook 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1398-1414, March.
- Baker, John, 2008. "New technology and possible advances in energy storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4368-4373, December.
- Ibrahim, H. & Ilinca, A. & Perron, J., 2008. "Energy storage systems--Characteristics and comparisons," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1221-1250, June.
- Halmann, M. & Frei, A. & Steinfeld, A., 2007. "Carbothermal reduction of alumina: Thermochemical equilibrium calculations and experimental investigation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2420-2427.
- Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Hasanuzzaman, M., 2010. "A review on compressed-air energy use and energy savings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 1135-1153, May.
- Liu, Liru & Aye, Lu & Lu, Zhongwu & Zhang, Peihong, 2006. "Analysis of the overall energy intensity of alumina refinery process using unit process energy intensity and product ratio method," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1167-1176.
- Auner, Norbert & Holl, Sven, 2006. "Silicon as energy carrier—Facts and perspectives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1395-1402.
- Deane, J.P. & Ó Gallachóir, B.P. & McKeogh, E.J., 2010. "Techno-economic review of existing and new pumped hydro energy storage plant," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 1293-1302, May.
- Zhou, Li, 2005. "Progress and problems in hydrogen storage methods," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 395-408, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schiemann, Martin & Bergthorson, Jeffrey & Fischer, Peter & Scherer, Viktor & Taroata, Dan & Schmid, Günther, 2016. "A review on lithium combustion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 948-965.
- Bergthorson, Jeffrey M. & Yavor, Yinon & Palecka, Jan & Georges, William & Soo, Michael & Vickery, James & Goroshin, Samuel & Frost, David L. & Higgins, Andrew J., 2017. "Metal-water combustion for clean propulsion and power generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 186(P1), pages 13-27.
- Yang, Weijuan & Zhang, Tianyou & Liu, Jianzhong & Wang, Zhihua & Zhou, Junhu & Cen, Kefa, 2015. "Experimental researches on hydrogen generation by aluminum with adding lithium at high temperature," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 451-457.
- Yang, Weijuan & Zhang, Tianyou & Zhou, Junhu & Shi, Wei & Liu, Jianzhong & Cen, Kefa, 2015. "Experimental study on the effect of low melting point metal additives on hydrogen production in the aluminum–water reaction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 537-543.
- repec:eee:energy:v:131:y:2017:i:c:p:98-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garra, Patxi & Leyssens, Gontrand & Allgaier, Olivier & Schönnenbeck, Cornelius & Tschamber, Valérie & Brilhac, Jean-François & Tahtouh, Toni & Guézet, Olivier & Allano, Sylvain, 2017. "Magnesium/air combustion at pilot scale and subsequent PM and NOx emissions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 578-587.
- Bergthorson, J.M. & Goroshin, S. & Soo, M.J. & Julien, P. & Palecka, J. & Frost, D.L. & Jarvis, D.J., 2015. "Direct combustion of recyclable metal fuels for zero-carbon heat and power," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 368-382.
More about this item
KeywordsAluminum; Energy carrier; Oxidation methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:9:p:4611-4623. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.