Aluminum as energy carrier: Feasibility analysis and current technologies overview
Aluminum is examined as energy storage and carrier. To provide the correct feasibility study the work includes the analysis of aluminum production process: from ore to metal. During this analysis the material and energy balances are considered. Total efficiency of aluminum-based energy storage is evaluated.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hayashi, Daisuke & Krey, Matthias, 2005. "CO2 emission reduction potential of large-scale energy efficiency measures in heavy industry in China, India, Brazil, Indonesia and South Africa," HWWI Research Papers 4-6, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Al Marchohi, Mohamed, 2010. "Views on peak oil and its relation to climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5572-5581, October.
- Skea, J., 1980. "Electricity supplies for the primary aluminium industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 60-70, March.
- Hirsch, Robert L., 2008. "Mitigation of maximum world oil production: Shortage scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 881-889, February.
- Aleklett, Kjell & Höök, Mikael & Jakobsson, Kristofer & Lardelli, Michael & Snowden, Simon & Söderbergh, Bengt, 2010. "The Peak of the Oil Age - Analyzing the world oil production Reference Scenario in World Energy Outlook 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1398-1414, March.
- Ibrahim, H. & Ilinca, A. & Perron, J., 2008. "Energy storage systems--Characteristics and comparisons," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1221-1250, June.
- Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Hasanuzzaman, M., 2010. "A review on compressed-air energy use and energy savings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 1135-1153, May.
- Auner, Norbert & Holl, Sven, 2006. "Silicon as energy carrier—Facts and perspectives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1395-1402.
- de Almeida, Pedro & Silva, Pedro D., 2009. "The peak of oil production--Timings and market recognition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1267-1276, April.
- Hadjipaschalis, Ioannis & Poullikkas, Andreas & Efthimiou, Venizelos, 2009. "Overview of current and future energy storage technologies for electric power applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1513-1522, August.
- Hall, Peter J. & Bain, Euan J., 2008. "Energy-storage technologies and electricity generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4352-4355, December.
- Fan, Mei–qiang & Sun, Li–xian & Xu, Fen, 2010. "Experiment assessment of hydrogen production from activated aluminum alloys in portable generator for fuel cell applications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2922-2926.
- Yanjia, Wang & Chandler, William, 2010. "The Chinese nonferrous metals industry--energy use and CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6475-6484, November.
- Schwarz, Hans-Günter & Briem, Sebastian & Zapp, Petra, 2001. "Future carbon dioxide emissions in the global material flow of primary aluminium," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 775-795.
- Kim, Y.M. & Favrat, D., 2010. "Energy and exergy analysis of a micro-compressed air energy storage and air cycle heating and cooling system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 213-220.
- Huang, Ke-Long & Li, Xiao-gang & Liu, Su-qin & Tan, Ning & Chen, Li-quan, 2008. "Research progress of vanadium redox flow battery for energy storage in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 186-192.
- Bolund, Björn & Bernhoff, Hans & Leijon, Mats, 2007. "Flywheel energy and power storage systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 235-258, February.
- Liu, Liru & Aye, Lu & Lu, Zhongwu & Zhang, Peihong, 2006. "Effect of material flows on energy intensity in process industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1870-1882.
- Baker, John, 2008. "New technology and possible advances in energy storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4368-4373, December.
- Halmann, M. & Frei, A. & Steinfeld, A., 2007. "Carbothermal reduction of alumina: Thermochemical equilibrium calculations and experimental investigation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2420-2427.
- Liu, Liru & Aye, Lu & Lu, Zhongwu & Zhang, Peihong, 2006. "Analysis of the overall energy intensity of alumina refinery process using unit process energy intensity and product ratio method," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1167-1176.
- Deane, J.P. & Ó Gallachóir, B.P. & McKeogh, E.J., 2010. "Techno-economic review of existing and new pumped hydro energy storage plant," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 1293-1302, May.
- Zhou, Li, 2005. "Progress and problems in hydrogen storage methods," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 395-408, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:9:p:4611-4623. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.