Climate trends on the extreme winds in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Breslow, Paul B. & Sailor, David J., 2002. "Vulnerability of wind power resources to climate change in the continental United States," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 585-598.
- Sailor, David J. & Smith, Michael & Hart, Melissa, 2008. "Climate change implications for wind power resources in the Northwest United States," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2393-2406.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uma S. Bhatt & Benjamin A. Carreras & José Miguel Reynolds Barredo & David E. Newman & Pere Collet & Damiá Gomila, 2022. "The Potential Impact of Climate Change on the Efficiency and Reliability of Solar, Hydro, and Wind Energy Sources," Land, MDPI, vol. 11(8), pages 1-18, August.
- de Jong, Pieter & Barreto, Tarssio B. & Tanajura, Clemente A.S. & Kouloukoui, Daniel & Oliveira-Esquerre, Karla P. & Kiperstok, Asher & Torres, Ednildo Andrade, 2019. "Estimating the impact of climate change on wind and solar energy in Brazil using a South American regional climate model," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 390-401.
- Jung, Christopher & Schindler, Dirk, 2018. "On the inter-annual variability of wind energy generation – A case study from Germany," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 845-854.
- Tuchtenhagen, Patrícia & Carvalho, Gilvani Gomes de & Martins, Guilherme & Silva, Pollyanne Evangelista da & Oliveira, Cristiano Prestrelo de & de Melo Barbosa Andrade, Lara & Araújo, João Medeiros de, 2020. "WRF model assessment for wind intensity and power density simulation in the southern coast of Brazil," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C).
- Carvalho, Diego B. & Pinto, Bárbara L. & Guardia, Eduardo C. & Marangon Lima, José W., 2020. "Economic impact of anticipations or delays in the completion of power generation projects in the Brazilian energy market," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(P1), pages 1312-1320.
- Christopher Jung & Dirk Schindler & Alexander Buchholz & Jessica Laible, 2017. "Global Gust Climate Evaluation and Its Influence on Wind Turbines," Energies, MDPI, vol. 10(10), pages 1-18, September.
- Jorge Flávio Casé Braga da Costa Silva & Richarde Marques Silva & Celso Augusto Guimarães Santos & Alexandro Medeiros Silva & Pedro Costa Guedes Vianna, 2021. "Analysis of the response of the Epitácio Pessoa reservoir (Brazilian semiarid region) to potential future drought, water transfer and LULC scenarios," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 108(1), pages 1347-1371, August.
- Khanmohammadi, Neda & Rezaie, Hossein & Montaseri, Majid & Behmanesh, Javad, 2017. "The effect of reference-condition-based temperature modification on the trend of reference evapotranspiration in arid and semi-arid regions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 204-213.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lucy Cradden & Gareth Harrison & John Chick, 2012. "Will climate change impact on wind power development in the UK?," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 115(3), pages 837-852, December.
- Gonçalves-Ageitos, María & Barrera-Escoda, Antoni & Baldasano, Jose M. & Cunillera, Jordi, 2015. "Modelling wind resources in climate change scenarios in complex terrains," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 670-678.
- Wimhurst, Joshua J. & Greene, J. Scott, 2019. "Oklahoma's future wind energy resources and their relationship with the Central Plains low-level jet," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Wang, Bing & Ke, Ruo-Yu & Yuan, Xiao-Chen & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2014.
"China׳s regional assessment of renewable energy vulnerability to climate change,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 185-195.
- Bing Wang & Ruo-Yu Ke & Xiao-Chen Yuan & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "China's regional assessment of renewable energy vulnerability to climate change," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 52, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Markus Gross & Vanesa Magar, 2016. "Offshore Wind Energy Climate Projection Using UPSCALE Climate Data under the RCP8.5 Emission Scenario," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(10), pages 1-12, October.
- Katopodis, Theodoros & Markantonis, Iason & Vlachogiannis, Diamando & Politi, Nadia & Sfetsos, Athanasios, 2021. "Assessing climate change impacts on wind characteristics in Greece through high resolution regional climate modelling," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 427-444.
- Pryor, S.C. & Barthelmie, R.J., 2010. "Climate change impacts on wind energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 430-437, January.
- Wang, Bing & Liang, Xiao-Jie & Zhang, Hao & Wang, Lu & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2014.
"Vulnerability of hydropower generation to climate change in China: Results based on Grey forecasting model,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 701-707.
- Bing Wang & Xiao-Jie Liang & Hao Zhang & Lu Wang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2012. "Vulnerability of hydropower generation to climate change in China: Results based on Grey forecasting model," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 33, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Pereira de Lucena, André Frossard & Moreira Cesar Borba, Bruno Soares & Pupo Nogueira, Larissa Pinheiro & Fleming, Fernanda Pereira & Troccoli, Alberto & , 2012. "Energy sector vulnerability to climate change: A review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Huang, Junling & McElroy, Michael B., 2015. "A 32-year perspective on the origin of wind energy in a warming climate," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 482-492.
- Johnson, Dana L. & Erhardt, Robert J., 2016. "Projected impacts of climate change on wind energy density in the United States," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 66-73.
- Jane Ebinger & Walter Vergara, 2011. "Climate Impacts on Energy Systems : Key Issues for Energy Sector Adaptation," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 2271.
- Carta, José A. & Velázquez, Sergio & Cabrera, Pedro, 2013. "A review of measure-correlate-predict (MCP) methods used to estimate long-term wind characteristics at a target site," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 362-400.
- Stephen Stadler & James Mack Dryden & J. Scott Greene, 2015. "Climate Change Impacts on Oklahoma Wind Resources: Potential Energy Output Changes," Resources, MDPI, vol. 4(2), pages 1-24, April.
- Engeland, Kolbjørn & Borga, Marco & Creutin, Jean-Dominique & François, Baptiste & Ramos, Maria-Helena & Vidal, Jean-Philippe, 2017. "Space-time variability of climate variables and intermittent renewable electricity production – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 600-617.
- Simon Watson, 2014. "Quantifying the variability of wind energy," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 330-342, July.
- Ignacio Losada Carreño & Michael T. Craig & Michael Rossol & Moetasim Ashfaq & Fulden Batibeniz & Sue Ellen Haupt & Caroline Draxl & Bri-Mathias Hodge & Carlo Brancucci, 2020. "Potential impacts of climate change on wind and solar electricity generation in Texas," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(2), pages 745-766, November.
- Harrison, Gareth P. & Wallace, A. Robin, 2005. "Climate sensitivity of marine energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 1801-1817.
- Yau, Y.H. & Pean, H.L., 2011. "The climate change impact on air conditioner system and reliability in Malaysia—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4939-4949.
- Khaled Yassin & Hassan Kassem & Bernhard Stoevesandt & Thomas Klemme & Joachim Peinke, 2022. "Numerical Simulation of Roughness Effects of Ice Accretion on Wind Turbine Airfoils," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(21), pages 1-20, November.
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy; Extreme winds; Mann-Kendall test; Frequency distributions; Climate trends; Cluster analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:110-120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.