Bye, bye financial repression, hello financial deepening: The anatomy of a financial boom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- João Manoel Pinho de Mello & Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 2011. "Bye, Bye Financial Repression, Hello Financial Deepening: The Anatomy of a Financial Boom," Textos para discussão 594, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
References listed on IDEAS
- Dionisio Dias CArneiro & Rogério Ladeira Furquim Werneck & Marcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 1993. "Strengthening the financial sector in the Brazilian economy," Textos para discussão 307, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- William Adams & Liran Einav & Jonathan Levin, 2009.
"Liquidity Constraints and Imperfect Information in Subprime Lending,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 49-84, March.
- William Adams & Liran Einav & Jonathan Levin, 2007. "Liquidity Constraints and Imperfect Information in Subprime Lending," NBER Working Papers 13067, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Carla A. Costa & João M. P. De Mello, 2008.
"Judicial Risk and Credit Market Performance: Micro Evidence from Brazilian Payroll Loans,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 155-184
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Carla A. Costa & Joao M.P. De Mello, 2006. "Judicial Risk and Credit Market Performance: Micro Evidence from Brazilian Payroll Loans," NBER Working Papers 12252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dionisio Dias Carneiro & Marcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 1993. "Capital flows and monetary control under a domestic currency substitution regime: The recent Brazilian experience," Textos para discussão 304, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ana Carla A. Costa & João M. P. de Mello, 2006. "Judicial Risk and Credit Market Performance: Micro Evidence from Brazil Payroll Loans," Working Papers Series 102, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Cysne, Rubens Penha & Lisbôa, Paulo César Coimbra, 2004. "Imposto inflacionário e transferências inflacionárias no Brasil: 1947-2003," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 539, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Joao Manoel Pinho de Mello & Marcio Garcia & Christiano Arrigoni, 2010.
"Identifying the Bank Lending Channel in Brazil through Data Frequency,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 47-79, January.
- Christiano Arrigoni Coelho & João Manoel Pinho de Mello & MArcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 2010. "Identifying the bank lending channel in Brazil through data frequency," Textos para discussão 574, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonomo, Marco & Brito, Ricardo D. & Martins, Bruno, 2015. "The after crisis government-driven credit expansion in Brazil: A firm level analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 111-134.
- Marco Bonomo & Ricardo Brito & Bruno Martins, 2014. "Macroeconomic and Financial Consequences of the After Crisis Government-Driven Credit Expansion in Brazil," Working Papers Series 378, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Marco Bonomo & Ricardo Brito & Bruno Martins, 2015. "Macroeconomic and Financial Consequences of the Post-Crisis Government-Driven Credit Expansion in Brazil," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 88337, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial repression; Financial deepening; Stabilization; Stability; Financial crisis; Stability;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:52:y:2012:i:2:p:135-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.