Determinants of financial distress and bankruptcy in highly levered transactions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Platt, Harlan D. & Platt, Marjorie B., 1991. "A note on the use of industry-relative ratios in bankruptcy prediction," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1183-1194, December.
- Denis, David J. & Mihov, Vassil T., 2003. "The choice among bank debt, non-bank private debt, and public debt: evidence from new corporate borrowings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 3-28, October.
- Dianne M. Roden & Wilbur G. Lewellen, 1995. "Corporate Capital Structure Decisions: Evidence from Leveraged Buyouts," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(2), Summer.
- Gregor Andrade & Steven N. Kaplan, 1998.
"How Costly is Financial (Not Economic) Distress? Evidence from Highly Leveraged Transactions that Became Distressed,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1443-1493, October.
- Gregor Andrade & Steven N. Kaplan, 1997. "How Costly is Financial (not Economic) Distress? Evidence from Highly Leveraged Transactions that Became Distressed," NBER Working Papers 6145, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1994.
"Reputation, Renegotiation, and the Choice between Bank Loans and Publicly Traded Debt,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 475-506.
- Chemmanur, T.J. & Fulghieri, P., 1992. "Reputation, Renegotiation, and the Choice Between Bank Loans and Publicity Traded Debt," Papers 92-24, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Arturo Bris & Ivo Welch, 2005.
"The Optimal Concentration of Creditors,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2193-2212, October.
- Ivo Welch & Bris, Arturo, 2001. "The Optimal Concentration of Creditors," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1338, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jan 2002.
- Ivo Welch & Arturo Bris, 2001. "The Optimal Concentration of Creditors," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm248, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2004.
- Arturo Bris & Ivo Welch, 2001. "The Optimal Concentration of Creditors," NBER Working Papers 8652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1996. "Optimal Debt Structure and the Number of Creditors," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Tim C. Opler, 1993. "Controlling Financial Distress Costs in Leveraged Buyouts With Financial Innovations," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Atul Gupta & Leonard Rosenthal, 1991. "Ownership Structure, Leverage, and Firm Value: The Case of Leveraged Recapitalizations," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 20(3), Fall.
- Gertner, Robert & Scharfstein, David, 1991.
" A Theory of Workouts and the Effects of Reorganization Law,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1189-1222, September.
- Robert Gertner & David Scharfstein, 1991. "A Theory of Workouts and the Effects of Reorganization Law," NBER Technical Working Papers 0103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarke, Richard N, 1989. "SICs as Delineators of Economic Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 17-31, January.
- Pugh, William N & Page, Daniel E & Jahera, John S, Jr, 1992. "Antitakeover Charter Amendments: Effects on Corporate Decisions," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 57-67, Spring.
- Sudheer Chava & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008. "Bankruptcy Prediction with Industry Effects," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 21, pages 517-549 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Jeremy C. Stein, 1993. "The Evolution of Buyout Pricing and Financial Structure in the 1980s," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(2), pages 313-357.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Jeremy C. Stein, 1993. "THE EVOLUTION OF BUYOUT PRICING AND FINANCIAL STRUCTURE (OR, WHAT WENT WRONG) IN THE 1980s," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 6(1), pages 72-88.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i::p:59-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zwiebel, Jeffrey, 1996. "Dynamic Capital Structure under Managerial Entrenchment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1197-1215, December.
- repec:bla:joares:v:4:y:1966:i::p:44-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bolton & Xavier Freixas, 2000. "Equity, Bonds, and Bank Debt: Capital Structure and Financial Market Equilibrium under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 324-351, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Jiang-Chuan & Huang, Chin-Sheng & You, Chun-Fan, 2015. "Bank relationships and the likelihood of filing for reorganization," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 278-291.
- Braun, Reiner & Engel, Nico & Hieber, Peter & Zagst, Rudi, 2011. "The risk appetite of private equity sponsors," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 815-832.
More about this item
KeywordsBankruptcy Financial distress HLT Levered buyouts Levered recapitalizations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:49:y:2009:i:3:p:772-783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.