Does Mad Money make the market go mad
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Pruitt, Stephen W & Van Ness, Bonnie F & Van Ness, Robert A, 2000. "Clientele Trading in Response to Published Information: Evidence from the Dartboard Column," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 1-13, Spring.
- Beltz, Jess & Jennings, Robert, 1997. ""Wall street week with Louis Rukheyser" recommendations:Trading activity and performance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 15-27.
- Mathur, Ike & Waheed, Amjad, 1995. "Stock Price Reactions to Securities Recommended in Business Week's "Inside Wall Street."," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 583-604, August.
- Barber, Brad M. & Loeffler, Douglas, 1993. "The “Dartboard” Column: Second-Hand Information and Price Pressure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 273-284, June.
- Pu Liu & Stanley D. Smith & Azmat A. Syed, 1992. "The Impact Of The Insider Trading Scandal On The Information Content Of The Wall Street Journal'S “Heard On The Street” Column," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 181-188, June.
- Albert, Robert Jr. & Smaby, Timothy R., 1996. "Market response to analyst recommendations in the "dartboard" column: the information and price-pressure effects," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 59-74.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Beneish, Messod D, 1991. "Stock Prices and the Dissemination of Analysts' Recommendations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 393-416, July.
- Liu, Pu & Smith, Stanley D. & Syed, Azmat A., 1990. "Stock Price Reactions to The Wall Street Journal's Securities Recommendations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 399-410, September.
- Liu, Pu & Smith, Stanley D & Syed, Azmat A, 1992. "The Impact of the Insider Trading Scandal on the Information Content of the Wall Street Journal's "Heard on the Street" Column," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 181-188, Summer.
- Campbell, Cynthia J & Wasley, Charles E, 1996. "Measuring Abnormal Daily Trading Volume for Samples of NYSE/ASE and NASDAQ Securities Using Parametric and Nonparametric Test Statistics," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 309-326, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scott Brown & Jose J. Cao-Alvira & Eric Powers, 2013. "Do Investment Newsletters Move Markets?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 315-338, June.
- Prashant Das & Alan Ziobrowski & N. Coulson, 2015. "Online Information Search, Market Fundamentals and Apartment Real Estate," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 480-502, November.
- Joseph Engelberg & Caroline Sasseville & Jared Williams, 2012. "Market Madness? The Case of Mad Money," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 351-364, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:47:y:2007:i:5:p:602-615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.