Stock price reactions to recommendations in the Wall Street Journal "Small Stock Focus" column
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Woodruff, Catherine S & Senchack, A J, Jr, 1988. " Intradaily Price-Volume Adjustments of NYSE Stocks to Unexpected Earnings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 467-491, June.
- Syed, Azmat A & Liu, Pu & Smith, Stanley D, 1989. "The Exploitation of Inside Information at the Wall Street Journal: A Test of Strong Form Efficiency," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 567-579, November.
- Mathur, Ike & Waheed, Amjad, 1995. "Stock Price Reactions to Securities Recommended in Business Week's "Inside Wall Street."," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 583-604, August.
- Barber, Brad M. & Loeffler, Douglas, 1993. "The “Dartboard” Column: Second-Hand Information and Price Pressure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 273-284, June.
- McQueen, Grant & Pinegar, Michael & Thorley, Steven, 1996. " Delayed Reaction to Good News and the Cross-Autocorrelation of Portfolio Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 889-919, July.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Pu Liu & Stanley D. Smith & Azmat A. Syed, 1992. "The Impact Of The Insider Trading Scandal On The Information Content Of The Wall Street Journal'S “Heard On The Street” Column," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 181-188, June.
- Palmon, Oded & Sun, Huey-Lian & Tang, Alex P, 1994. "The Impact of Publication of Analysts' Recommendations on Returns and Trading Volume," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 29(3), pages 395-417, August.
- Liu, Pu & Smith, Stanley D. & Syed, Azmat A., 1990. "Stock Price Reactions to The Wall Street Journal's Securities Recommendations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 399-410, September.
- Sant, Rajiv & Zaman, Mir A., 1996. "Market reaction to Business Week 'Inside Wall Street' column: A self-fulfilling prophecy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 617-643, May.
- Cox, Don R & Peterson, David R, 1994. " Stock Returns Following Large One-Day Declines: Evidence on Short-Term Reversals and Longer-Term Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 255-267, March.
- Richardson, Gordon & Sefcik, Stephan E. & Thompson, Rex, 1986. "A test of dividend irrelevance using volume reactions to a change in dividend policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 313-333, December.
- Liu, Pu & Smith, Stanley D & Syed, Azmat A, 1992. "The Impact of the Insider Trading Scandal on the Information Content of the Wall Street Journal's "Heard on the Street" Column," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 181-188, Summer.
- Lloyd-Davies, Peter & Canes, Michael, 1978. "Stock Prices and the Publication of Second-Hand Information," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 43-56, January.
- Bremer, Marc & Sweeney, Richard J, 1991. " The Reversal of Large Stock-Price Decreases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 747-754, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:486:y:2017:i:c:p:535-541 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Yongjie & Song, Weixin & Shen, Dehua & Zhang, Wei, 2016. "Market reaction to internet news: Information diffusion and price pressure," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 43-49.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:39:y:1999:i:3:p:379-389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.