Regulating for development: the case of microfinance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 2000. "The Microfinance Schism," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 617-629, April.
- Mark Armstrong & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 1994. "Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510790, January.
- repec:idb:brikps:79506 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gallardo, Joselito, 2002. "A framework for regulating microfinance institutions : the experience in Ghana and the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2755, The World Bank.
- T. G. Arun & J. D. Turner, 2002. "Financial Sector Reforms in Developing Countries: The Indian Experience," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 429-445, March.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "The Competitive Supply of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 423-453, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beisland, Leif Atle & Mersland, Roy & Randøy, Trond, 2014. "The Association between microfinance rating scores and corporate governance: a global survey," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 268-280.
- Nyanzu, Frederick & Atta Peprah, James, 2016. "Regulation, Outreach and Sustainability of MFIs in SSA: A Multilevel Analysis," MPRA Paper 70865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Popoola, Oluwatoyin Muse Johnson & Rayaan, Baz & Samsudin, Rose Shamsiah & Ahmad, Ayoib B. Che, 2016. "The Moderating role of Capability Element of Fraud on Internal Industry Factors and Fraud Prevention in Saudi Arabian Banking Sector," MPRA Paper 75945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Hulme & Thankom Arun, 2011. "What’s wrong and right with microfinance – missing an angle on responsible finance?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15511, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Hudon, Marek & Périlleux, Anaïs, 2014. "Surplus distribution and characteristics of social enterprises: Evidence from microfinance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 147-157.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2014.
"Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 21-40.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2013. "Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development," Working Papers on Finance 1305, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:22:y:2017:i:c:p:81-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlos E. Cuevas & Klaus P. Fischer, 2006. "Cooperative Financial Institutions : Issues in Governance, Regulation, and Supervision," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7107.
- Mersland, Roy, 2009.
"The Cost of Ownership in Microfinance Organizations,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 469-478, February.
- Mersland, Roy, 2007. "The cost of ownership in microfinance organization," MPRA Paper 2061, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- SAQFALHAIT, Nahil, 2011. "Microfinance Regulation In Jordan: A Comparative Perspective With Mena Countries And Other Areas," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 11(1).
- Leif Atle Beisland & Roy Mersland & R. Oystein Strøm, 2012.
"Audit Quality and Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Microfinance Industry,"
Working Papers CEB
12-034, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Leif Atle Beisland & Roy Mersland & R. Oystein Strøm, 2013. "Audit Quality and Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Microfinance Industry," Working Papers CEB 13-035, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Khan, Wajid & Sun, Shaorong & Khan, Ikramullah, 2015. "Sustainable Institutions or Sustainable Poverty Targeting: The Case of Microfinance," MPRA Paper 63587, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neema Mori & Roy Mersland, 2014. "Boards in microfinance institutions: how do stakeholders matter?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(1), pages 285-313, February.
- Koen Rossel-Cambier, 2011. "Is Combined Microfinance an Instrument to enhance Sustainable Pro-Poor Public Policy Outcomes?," Working Papers CEB 11-013, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:45:y:2005:i:2-3:p:346-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.