The determinants of entry for black-owned commercial banks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1981. "Economies of Scale and Barriers to Entry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1228-1238, December.
- Kamien, Morton I & Schwartz, Nancy L, 1971. "Limit Pricing and Uncertain Entry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 441-454, May.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1982. "Barriers to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 47-57, March.
- William J. Baumol & Robert D. Willig, 1981. "Fixed Costs, Sunk Costs, Entry Barriers, and Sustainability of Monopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(3), pages 405-431.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1990. "Regression-based tests for overdispersion in the Poisson model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-364, December.
- Gaskins, Darius Jr., 1971. "Dynamic limit pricing: Optimal pricing under threat of entry," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 306-322, September.
- Ederington, Louis H & Skogstad, Samuel L, 1977. "Measurement of Banking Competition and Geographic Markets: The Market for Checking Account Services," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 469-482, August.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-938, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duetsch, Larry L, 1984. "Entry and the Extent of Multiplant Operations," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 477-487, June.
- Scott, William L & Gardner, Mona J & Mills, Dixie L, 1988. "Expense Preference and Minority Banking: A Note," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 105-115, February.
- Timothy Bates & Caren Grown, 1991. "Commercial Bank Lending Practices And The Development Of Black-Owned Construction Companies," Working Papers 91-9, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kwast, Myron L. & Black, Harold, 1983. "An analysis of the behavior of mature black-owned commercial banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 41-54.
- Throop, Adrian W, 1975. "Capital Investment and Entry in Commercial Banking: A Competitive Model," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 193-214, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Russ Kashian & Richard McGregory & Robert Drago, 2016. "ATM Fees at Black and Hispanic Owned Single Market Banks: A Comparative Analysis," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 43(1), pages 69-84, March.
- Lawrence, Edward C., 1997. "The viability of minority-owned banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-21.
- Gregory Price, 2005. "Consumer discrimination and black firm entry deterrence: Some reparable damage estimates," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 121-140, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:35:y:1995:i:3:p:289-303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.